LegacyGT.com

2006 Legacy's ship in July

Just got confirmation...

Two new models: 2.5i Special Edition (8-way power seat & power moonroof) & Outback 3.0R Wagon (Basically an Outback 2.5i but with the 3.0 H6).

GPS Navigation w/touch screen availible as an option with an MSRP of $2,000 on the Legacy 2.5GT limited Sedan, Outback 2.5XT Limited Wagon & the Outback 3.0R L.L. Bean Edition Sedan and Wagon. It is standard on the Outback 3.0R VDC Limited Wagon.

All 2006 Legacy & Outback models come standard with 17" wheels, air filtration system and engine immobilizer. Normally aspirated cars power increases to 175 HP @ 6,000 RPM and 169 @ 4,400 RPM. Non-turbo models also get larger (11.5") front brake rotors.

Nothing in the release regarding the Spec-B....

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were talking about this a while ago and the only changes from the Subie technical catalogue was the Nav system, which was gonna cost around 2K so we were on it...

If you are looking for deals, hurry up and go to a dealer now, once they will need to move the 05 models the fastest...

;-)

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Guest *Jedimaster*
It'll be interesting to see if the nav or other goodies can be retrofitted to an 05. I wonder if they put the memory thing in for seats and mirrors.

They haven't released pricing on the Spec B, but we have the model codes to order them. It's frustrating sometimes; I've worked at Subaru dealers for 5 years and they always wait til the last minute before they give details on new models. I don't think they will really advertise this model; there are only a couple hundred being built and I think all the serious takers will probably snap them up before the general public has even heard about the car! That's what happened when we launched WRX in 2001.

Lipspoiler,

Agree with you, I was luckly one of the first owners of an WRX in New England by that time, simply because my gf at that time worked at a Subbie dealer, and I have been always a fan or WRC, and talked about etc etc when we found out the car was already on sale, with no marketing or advertisement... Reason for it? Have no idea...

But this car on the other hand, should have been marketed for the real car enthusiast who would be willing to pay more than an STi price, so not a car to start the enthusiast market, like the WRX was in the beginning...

Dealerships around Boston, have no clue about this car, when it's coming, price anything, bottom line: no information either...

Rgds,

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

All I've been told is that sometime around September is the expected arrival, and price is somewhere in the 32-35k range. Wish I had more specifics. I will def. keep everybody posted as we get info!!!

This is good info. Have you found out anything about MSRP of New Outback 3.0R Wagon? or should i call it 3.0i wagon?

Listed MSRP is $28,995.00

Assuming you are correct.

It's correct, all the info was taken from a memo posted on the Dealer Subarunet site yesterday.

Assuming you are correct.

Nope, but SOA usually doesn't release everything all at once...

Navi is not avail. on GT limited wagons?

Not according to the memo... :(

any idea if the msrp will increase on the base model? (since some more features are standard...)

I would expect it will go up a little...

It'll be interesting to see if the nav or other goodies can be retrofitted to an 05.

I hope it is...I'd like the navi myself...

Retrofitting the nav "seems" like it would be trouble than it's worth. Seeing how the already installed nav is $2k, I can't even fathom what installing a nav will run with labor. I'm just going to buy a Pioneer avic n2 and be done with it. I will have the nav and can watch dvd's. Seems to be more versatile and cost effective than the oem nav unit. But, I dunno, never saw the Subaru nav in person though.

do you know when we may expect to see the car at the dealer? I will placing in an order soon for 2006...

They are scheduled to arrive in July, I'll try and post the entire memo tonight...

Archived