LegacyGT.com

Want to try and have a car meet in Jersey anyone interested

Vinny78

sure there is interest, but not in the winter and i think most are kind done with the idea of just standing around cars for hours. I suggested that people attend local autox events. ther are 10000 times betteer than car meets cause you actually get to see your mods in action. but most are too scared to drive their cars to the limit. oh well.....

Actually I'm closer to Meadowlands. We did a lot of Auto-x from 1999-2001 (probably 500+ Autox events) heck one time we did 3 in 1 weekend. Sat morning with NASA @ Meadowlands, Sat afternoon at E-town, and Sunday @ Nassau Colleseum.

Once we started to do track days in 2002, we never really had incentive to go back to auto-x cause the $/seat time at the track was higher.

Now we usually are working at the shop on Saturdays and sleeping in on Sundays, unless we are at the track.

If you ever want to borrow my trailer for a track event, say the word!

-mike

Cars are made to be driven, not stared at in a parking lot. I cant be the only one who thinks this.

This. Unless it was a meet like the one in the first F&F, you know, with car models :lol:

But seriously, I'd love to come and at least watch you guys auto-x/track. And maybe even a ride-along, lol. I don't think it's worth auto-x/tracking a 4EAT :redface:

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Actually, my first road race car was a 97 impreza L 4EAT. Full on race car caged etc. That car wasn't very fast, but I learned a great deal because with an underpowered car you need to be very very concentrated to carry speed. The automatic also is great for a beginner because it is 1 less thing to worry about on-track. Also since my car was so reliable, we won a few endurance races because others broke their cars over a 2 or 3 hour race.

-mike

its falls upon deaf ears josh. one thing ive come to learn about subaru guys, infact most car guys in general is that its impossible to drag them out to actually USE their cars. however if you do eventually break the ice and drag them along, theyll never miss an event!

the other problem arises that some people just have a hard time swallowing not being the best @ something. and like the kid on the playground, will take their ball and go home haha! the newer generations are just in2 instant gratification and if they dont get it, they lose interest fast.

drag racing is similar also, every1 thinks their car is so fast. that is until the truth of the timing board smacks them in the face. then the excuses start flying! ;)

motorsports can def make or break an ego!

This. Unless it was a meet like the one in the first F&F, you know, with car models :lol:

But seriously, I'd love to come and at least watch you guys auto-x/track. And maybe even a ride-along, lol. I don't think it's worth auto-x/tracking a 4EAT :redface:

It is completely worth it! I'm currently replacing the clutch in my LGT so I'm taking my painfully stock, base model AT Corolla to the NJMP autox this weekend in 22 degree weather. :)

But dude, I have a really awesome spoiler and a fancy BOV. You can even see my shiny coilovers peeking out!

-mike

PS: I gotta get you to come to a track day this year, I want to see your car on the road course!

Mike, you run with NASA right? Is their 2011 schedule up yet? I've done a couple of track days with EMRA (Summit Point, Thunderbolt, Limerock) but the way their schedule is set up this year, my first event would be in July at Lightning and then November for Summit Point. I don't know if I can wait until July though... I've got an itch for the track that needs to be scratched.

Yup, we do the Timing and Scoring for NASA and I serve as Race Director. Our schedule should be up on nasane.com we have our first event at LRP in April for DE. There is a big hole in our schedule right now in May and June but we are working on trying to get an additional LRP or NJMP date in there.

I'd love to see some more LGTs out on track, very rarely did I see any LGTs when I was running mine.

-mike

EMRA also has their first event of the season in April at Lime Rock but that track scares the hell out of me. The downhill to the righthand sweeper.. <shudder>.

Watkins Glenn could be interesting though, although a little far... do you know if it's the full course that's going to be used?

Archived