LegacyGT.com

Buying a leftover 08 LGT Limited

jrss13

I have recently been looking at getting either a Mazdaspeed6, or a used 2006 spec b or LGT limited. Since there aren't any local used Subaru's, I decided to take a test drive in a leftover 2008 LGT limited today. They are obviously anxious to move it, as they are pushing the 2009's. Anyways, long story short... I now have my mind set on the LGT over the Mazdaspeed6.

I sat down with the salesman to see what they were giving as an incentive to get me in the car. Here is what it looked like:

$8500 for my trade in (I owe $7200, so that puts $1300 down)

6 yrs at 4.9% was $451.90 per month. I don't remember the exact price it was written up for after rebates (stupid me)... but I imagine it was around $26,500 (from playing around on edmunds.com)

Does this seem like a good deal for a leftover 2008? It only has 115 miles after my test drive today.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Have them write up a deal on a similarly equipped 09 and see how much you're really saving total and/or how it works out payment wise.

Are you looking at a 5spd?

2nd this.

i was also thinking of going the leftover 2008 route.

i looked at the changes to the 2009, HK stereo etc. and then looked at the difference in price for the 2008 and 2009.

Most dealers i inquired about the 2008 LGT's they still had... all but 2 were OVER the price i paid for a built to order 2009.

and neither of the 2008's had exactly the options i was looking for, or the color i wanted.

they were both about $500-800 lower than what the 2009 cost me. but again, they were 2nd choice as far as color, and did not have the options i wanted.

I paid slightly less than that by a few bucks, about 5months ago for a floor model 08 with 12miles on the OD. I also had a 2.5i as a trade in which i still owed on, and they also gave me a rebate/discount offered at the time with a 5yr 60k gold plus warranty. I'd try to haggle with them to get it at least 1500 lower.

Hey there,

Not trying to toot my own horn or anything, but I got a 08 LGT custom ordered (i.e. I ordered it and picked it up straight off the truck with the plastics still on it) for $25,000 in March of 08.

I actually paid $24,500, but I had a coupon for $500 negotiated price from Subaru.

Bear in mind that you are now paying for a car already depreciated 1 year....so your "savings" more really be extra spending.

In October, I would not buy a 2008 model unless it was $24000 or under.

Look for A.K. Maloney from Farrish Subaru here on the boards (not sure where you are located, but he's in Fairfax Virginia).

He is posting $26,500 for brand new 5-speed LGTs (2009s).....and that's without any hassle or haggle. That's his posted price.

Joe

FYI - Don't compare my pricing, as he is somewhat restricted by what he can offer, but he's a great guy and was a pleasure to buy from. As I posted in other places, I had some minor difficulties during the actual purchase process (with his dealership's finance manager, and mostly because I was an out of state purchaser and she didn't know what she was doing) and A.K. was a pleasure the whole time.

Joe

a 6 yr loan.??..thats loooongggg

I am also doing a 6 year loan.

yes it's long, BUT... very easy to pay off quicker.

i plan on making multiple extra payments a year. essentially paying it off in much less time. closer to 3-4 years.

sure i can do a 3-4 year loan, but will be forced to pay that much every month. odds are an extra payment won't be viable. longer loan, easier payment, much easier to pay off quicker.

you do however have to have the determination to make extra payments and not just blow the money.

He is posting $26,500 for brand new 5-speed LGTs (2009s).....and that's without any hassle or haggle. That's his posted price.

just remember the shipping that is charged to get the car to you is on top of this price. (just a reminder) i think it was another $700 on top of the listed price, not 100% sure on that price but i do remember it being somewhere close to that.

My car i just bought, not here yet, was $1000 more than that price, but has those same options, plus a few more. (homelink, short throw shifter, spoiler off the top of my head)

he has good deals, but is not the only dealer that deals.

i agree, if anyone is looking to get a 2008, i'd make sure it's much less than a 2009. like JoeFromPA said, it's already depreciated a year. drive that 2008 off the lot and it's worth much less than a 2009 driving off the lot. sadly thats how car values go.

a dealer tried to sell me a new 2007 LGT auto with nav, for 28k 2 weeks ago... called it a steal.

Backlash - The $26,250 A.K posted includes shipping & destination (so no extra $700). And that's with several hundred dollars in extras.

Yes, he's not the only dealer. But his written price (i.e. no haggling to get there) are already well below what most dealers will go to with haggling.

I was browsing through autotrader.com today and found a dealer that had a brand new 2008 Spec b with 4 miles, listed for $24,995. I was 100% positive it was a mistake, but thought it was worth a call anyways. Needless to say, he said it was an error and they are asking $34,995. The car I am looking to trade is a 2005 Scion tc with 67,000 miles. It is in good condition with a 5 sp. I obviously would like more than $8500, but it is in the ball park of what I expected to be offered.

Archived