LegacyGT.com

First minor glitch with my new GT

CombatCQB

While I was driving to work, the glove box opened by itself and wouldn't close no matter how hard I pushed on it. I thought: "great, the latch is broken already" But when I got to work and looked closer, everything looked fine. If I give it a good shove, it won't latch, but if I do it slow and just put some pressure on it, it seem to work. I'll have to look at it more after work, but just thought it was weird since these things are usually pretty solid.

The day I picked up my car, as I was driving home I opened up the glovebox. And when I closed it, the stupid thing just kept on poping open again. When I got home I moved over to the passenger side and closed it and it stayed closed. I tried it again from the drivers side, and it would open up after closing it. I surmised that when you push on it form the drivers side of the car you are pushing at an angle, and it doesn't latch properly. If you move your hand farther to the right and close it, it should latch securely.

The glove box is way cheap and much too small. Guess you can't have everything ansd they have to cut costs somewhere, but its disappointing...how much would it really cost to give a better quality one? An extra buck on the price? $5?

I have a glitch to report, actually, one that I am sure is easily remediable. The plastic trim on the left side of my center console squeaks when I hit a bump. I can press on it and replicate the sound. A simple fix would be to pull the piece, and attach a felt or thin rubber backing to it and voila, silence. For the record, Subaru should have thought about this at the factory. Kevin

Dude..it's cuz you have change in it :) I did notice in a cool thing in the little slideing cubby hole in front of the arm rest.. You can actualy tak out the diveder to fit a larger cup. Plus there is this nice cool foam thing to keep things from slideing.

Took mine in for first oil change and to fix the door rattle today. YIPEE! The sound could be replicated with the tech in the car. I just told them to give me a call when they fix the issue. If it's early next week, oh well I guess. Rather just have it fixed. Was really annoying on my little road trip last weekend. Buzzed all 100 miles down and 100 miles back at cruising rpms.

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']Has anyone noticed that it's really hard to get any range on your keyless remote? I am having a hell of a time arming and disarming my wagon doors. Anyone else have this problem? I wonder if it's just a bad remote that I got?[/quote] I think you have something wrong with the remote. I was at least 300ft away from my car on the second floor and it worked.

I will check a new one when I get home. Perhaps it was low on batteries because of it's "hair-trigger" when the car was delivered. All I know is that it's been really freakin' annoying. Good to know that it's probably something that should be fixed.

The rattle is fixed! Subaru does know about it. The one my dealership was told to look for was I think a pair of wire connectors under the dash that are tapping the body. Don't hear it at all now. If only I didn't see the dog claw scratch on the rear bumper. :(

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']Has anyone noticed that it's really hard to get any range on your keyless remote? I am having a hell of a time arming and disarming my wagon doors. Anyone else have this problem? I wonder if it's just a bad remote that I got?[/quote] If by "keyless remote" you just mean one of those plastic doo-hickeys that allow you to unlock the trunk, doors, etc., try this. My dad says this works but I think it's all in his imagination. He says to push the remote against the bottom of your chin and then press the button. If it doesn't work at least you've succeeded in making yourself look like an idiot. ;) j/k Seriously, I'm curious to see if this improves your range. My car doesn't have a keyless remote (or power locks for that matter) so I can't try it out. It's worth a try.

So far, the latch has been working fine since then. I think the box flexes a little if you push it from the side so the latch might not lock. Subie02, I use CQB in the general sense. Can't afford the Wilson CQB either, but I do like the stuff Kimber makes. Also a big fan of Sig.

Archived