LegacyGT.com

Complimentary Paint Color for Atlantic Blue?

Adriftoc

Hi Everyone,

I have been round and round with my other car customizing friends on what color would look good on an Atlantic Blue Sedan and I keep getting mixed answers.

I figured I would turn to the pros for advice ;)

Here is what I plan to do:

- Paint Fog light enclosures

- Paint Badges & possibly grille

- Add a thin stripe on either side of the car

- Possibly painting rims

I wanted to paint everything the same color to add uniformity but I want it to look good with the Atlantic Blue:

Paint ideas I have had so far:

Black

Red

Silver

Yellow

Chrome

What do you all think would be the best color to put on an Atlantic Blue? I am stumped.

I welcome all opinions even if they are negative haha. Thanks in advance.

yeah. I have heard mixed reviews. I just want something to add some uniqueness but not "fast & furious." I think the black and blue idea people have recommended would be cool just not sure how far to take it haha.

Yeah. I am definitely going to be consistent.

I think glossy would honestly look better. I think the first thing on my list is to take off and spray the emblems.

If anyone else has any ideas please let me know!

Once I get started I will post pics.

I went with Metallic Black car paint for the emblems. Did the front. Looks good but not really noticeable from a distance. I plan on doing the rear emblem today which i think will look a lot better.

I used the duplicolor bumper coating (like a semi-gloss black) on my foglight surrounds and it looks WAY better than with the factory ABP surrounds. Just make sure to sand them down good, or they'll chip really easily, especially the chrome on the grille.

What kind of sand paper did you use for the foglights? My friend told me the best way to get through all the factory paint with me a "thin mist" of paint remover spray to cut through most of it....but that scares me a bit haha.

A 600 grit willl work fine, but unless you're talking about the chrome on the grille, there's no need to cut all the way through the factory paint. Proper sanding just ensures good paint adhesion.

Gotcha. I am probably keeping the chrome on my grille, or getting a different grill. I actually like chrome :-P

But I will be doing the fog enclosures soon. good to know. Once I fix my rear emblem that a butchered I will be posting some pics of my progress.

Archived