LegacyGT.com

Outback Wagon springs & struts fit my sedan?

keviwe

My 07 2.5i sedan is sagging a bit in the rear (I tow a small ATV trailer). I want to raise my ride height an inch or two. Since Outback Sedan used parts are hard to find will Outback WAGON rear springs-used & new-struts fit my sedan? Front too?

They'll fit, because I put coilovers for a LGT on my OBX. So, the reverse should be true. But, I think that the longer struts will really give you a lot of positive camber and wear out your tires. I could adjust for camber with coilovers. You can't (very much) with struts.

There is one concern, and that is the axles. Outbacks have ~40mm in blocks that drop the running gear down to maintain suspension geometry. That means that all arms will be at MUCH steeper angles when you put your Outback struts on your non-Outback.

People in the Impreza world have been doing lifts like this for a long time, and none report additional wear of running gear, but it's something to consider. I don't know anyone who has one it in a 4th gen.

Swapping the spacers into a Legacy is kind of a PITA, though it can be done. The total cost is somewhere around $1200 for everything new.

Camber wouldn't too much of an issue. Camber bolts can handle it in the front, and the Whiteline KCA399 in the rear should get it within spec.

Steering will be a bit messed up, since the tie-rods will be at such a steep angle. You'll probably have the movement in the ball joints to absorb it, but bump steer will surely increase.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived