LegacyGT.com

When is the new 2010 LGT Spec B coming?

redstriker

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The "special" models, as we like to refer to the Spec.B, usually don't come out on the first year of a remodel. Look at the 2006 Spec.B, or the Mazadaspeed6, and it usually takes a year into the new model to come. No idea if one is even planned, but hopefully with the 2011 WRX STI Sedan 100% coming, the 2011 LGT STI will come too! :lol:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

The "special" models, as we like to refer to the Spec.B, usually don't come out on the first year of a remodel. Look at the 2006 Spec.B, or the Mazadaspeed6, and it usually takes a year into the new model to come.... :lol:

That's the same thing I said about it, they made the 3rd gen Altima from 02-06, but the SE-R didn't come until the '05 refresh. There will be some kind of super-LGT, but I don't think it will be an STi per se, probably another Spec B.

-Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT3

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

That's the same thing I said about it, they made the 3rd gen Altima from 02-06, but the SE-R didn't come until the '05 refresh.

So what you are saying is that the Spec.B will come the same day the Altima SE-R will make a comeback?

:lol:

Not sure how man will get that joke besides you and I ;)

So what you are saying is that the Spec.B will come the same day the Altima SE-R will make a comeback?

:lol:

Not sure how man will get that joke besides you and I ;)

LOL! I really wish they would make a new SE-R, but since they dropped the manual from the Altima sedan for 2010 (the coupe still has it) I doubt that it'll happen. Heh, at this point, I wouldn't want one unless it was AWD anyway and they definitely aren't willing to do that. Oh well, at least that opens the door for me to finally get a Subie.

-Brandon

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

You don't have one? :confused::lol:

No, he's just a poser :lol:

J/k, Tony is a good guy, hope he'll finally get his much sought-after Subaru soon. Having been in the same boat of Altima ownership, I can say that it will be an upgrade in just about every aspect except for maybe hauling capacity.

Either way Tony, I was not aware that for MY2010 and up the sedan Altima will come only with a CVT. That's freakin' lame, they JUST gave it the 6MT, only to take it away? Looks like Nissan is looking to kill the enthusiast factor and make the MT exclusive for what THEY consider should be sporty. Makes me that much happier I switched.

You don't have one? :confused::lol:

Not yet, was planning to get into one by the end of the year, but now I'm kinda waiting on the Spec B or 2011 revisions.

No, he's just a poser :lol:

J/k, Tony is a good guy, hope he'll finally get his much sought-after Subaru soon. Having been in the same boat of Altima ownership, I can say that it will be an upgrade in just about every aspect except for maybe hauling capacity.

Either way Tony, I was not aware that for MY2010 and up the sedan Altima will come only with a CVT. That's freakin' lame, they JUST gave it the 6MT, only to take it away? Looks like Nissan is looking to kill the enthusiast factor and make the MT exclusive for what THEY consider should be sporty. Makes me that much happier I switched.

Thanks man. And I appreciate you bestowing some knowledge on those clowns on nissanclub, that is truly a lost bunch.

Yeah, I've been wanting a Subie since I first laid eyes on an SVX, but would never buy one. I think it might have been the 4 cylinder stigma or whatever, and before anyone says it, yes, I know the SVX was not a 4 cylinder-I meant the other models. I love my Altima (don't know that I'd like it as much if it wasn't an SE-R, that thing is really a monster!), but it suffers a lot with that FWD layout and the fact that they're CVT-only now just kills it. And of course they took away the 6-speed because of a lack of people wanting them. Look, I'm all for not making it an RPO, but it's at least something that I should be able to order if I want it. I'd considered an M for my next car because that chassis is the best RWD this side of a BMW that I've ever driven (and I've driven some pretty impressive vehicles) and the VQ35DE is such a beautifully-peforming engine, but it's not what I'd call an "enthusiast's car" as much as it's a luxury car with decidedly sporting intentions. That's what I like about the Legacy and even more so with the new model, it's quirky and kinda funny-looking at first, but it's a big step in the right direction. Of course the Subie faithful and previous gen owners are going to reject the new models at first, but I think some surprises are in store going forward.

-Brandon

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

i do not remember what thread i read this in, but someone had taken an online subaru survey and one of the question was would you be interested in a 300hp sport tuned legacy(or something to that manner), so there is hope

I took that survey and that question was def there.

I would be surprised If another Spec B ends up getting released. I think the rumors will be true that the GT will be phased out within the next year or two if sales are not up to par.

Given Subaru's generally positive reviews in the automotive press (especially on the Legacy and Outback) and profitability, I seriously don't think that the LGT will be phased out. The rumored higher performance model might not necessarily carry the "Spec B" moniker, but I do think it's likely to be released w/in the next year. It's not like it requires that much R&D since most Subies share a lot of the same parts. Oh, and that Forester XT-Sport (or whatever the rumored name is) will probably be released too.

-Brandon

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

Given Subaru's generally positive reviews in the automotive press (especially on the Legacy and Outback) and profitability, I seriously don't think that the LGT will be phased out. The rumored higher performance model might not necessarily carry the "Spec B" moniker, but I do think it's likely to be released w/in the next year. It's not like it requires that much R&D since most Subies share a lot of the same parts. Oh, and that Forester XT-Sport (or whatever the rumored name is) will probably be released too.

The thing is, the press has been mixed. The sales would seem to initially favor the mainstream direction, as the car has moved away from being distinctly sporty. The GT model of the Legacy is the most limited, the hardest to find, and will probably bear out to be the least seller compared to the mainstream 2.5i and 3.6 models.

If a sportier model were to arrive, what would it do? restore the equipment that 2010 Legacy GT Limited lost from the 2009 GT Limited and Spec B?

What does the Legacy stand to gain from the Impreza line? it already has WRX's power level, and nearly STI's price tag without STI's equipment...

I see the Forester XT Sport... (or whatever they call a WRX-equivalent Forester turbo+manual gearbox package) is much more likely, because it is an obvious, glaring omission, with the XT being lower on power, with no manual option.

The Legacy GT is being de-emphasised, by all appearances, it is hard to say that there is a sporting forward momentum, to fill a higher sporting role, when Legacy as a whole is turning away from premium niche, and toward Camry/Accord like mainstream.

Frankly, I see 2010 Legacy GT being a testbed for the new low-mount turbo and engine cradle system, before it gets wider adoption, and a piece of lip service to say Subaru offers a turbo where Camry and Accord, etc... don't, as a marketing tidbit.

When the "I'm glad I decided to get the hood scoop" advertisement fully wears off, and the tech gets handed off, likely to the next revision of the GR impreza chassis... if the Legacy GT hasn't sold like gangbusters, and it likely won't without an automatic gearbox option... GT will be gone. Casualty of low sales by design, or at least by lack of enthusiasm in the product by SOA. Much like the Legacy Wagon bodystyle, and the under-equipped Baja. Tribeca might also join them on the heap, as it isn't selling that well after a bad first impression, and Subaru losing interest in it after that.

Subaru will probably put forward some bit about Legacy GT turbo customers being better served by a GR Impreza sedan bodystyle WRX STI, maybe with a Limited option. And Legacy will likely go to H4 and H6 power only, probably automatic or CVT only... and will be that much more of a Camry type car. IF it grows again later, under upward pressure from a growing Impreza line, Legacy maybe even move to an Avalon/Taurus type car later.

If a sportier model were to arrive, what would it do? restore the equipment that 2010 Legacy GT Limited lost from the 2009 GT Limited and Spec B?

Speaking on that point alone, I think that's ONLY because the '10 is the first year of the generation. The first year cars are almost always devoid of goodies and gadgets. It builds up and up, until the last year which has the most stuff (so, the '09 for the last gen).

If that's what you were referring to, anyway.

I was at my local dealer getting my Tribeca serviced, so I decided to check out the new Legacy models. They didn't have a single GT on site, so I asked about it, and they said they won't even order one until a customer requests one. That's surely not going to help sales! (and that'll probably kill any ideas of a Spec.B or Legacy STI)

I drove both the 2.5i and the 3.6R. The 3.6R definitely has good, usable power, though it didn't seem quite as strong as the previous 2.5 turbo (though I could be mistaken - it's been a while since I drove a stock 2.5 turbo).

The CVT works quite well in the 2.5i. I was impressed!

Depends on the dealership. Some dealers have a lot more performance models, than others.

The one nearest to me almost never has GTs or WRXs on the lot. Base models only, it seems. But there's other dealerships not far away... some of whom have forum/club exposure... who obviously have more, because they sell more.

Demographics obviously play a big part. Looks like you're in/around Atlanta, so I'm a bit surprised that there weren't at least a couple, even though in cities most people are looking for economical cars, too.

Archived