LegacyGT.com

clutch has just been replaced

llmask

:confused:

i have a 05 legacy gt with 31000. i had it since sep 04.

here is my ticket summary from the dealer:

clutch linings worn out and scored pressure plate and flywheel.

replaced clutch assembly and flywheel.

parts:

disk cp clutch

cover cp clutch

brg clutch release

flywheel dual mass

80 grit s

lube 8.800

---

now i dont know much about clutches, but, although my car is fixed, the clutch pedal is extremely light compared to before.

should i worry?

all these clutch specs and which clutch to buy and buy the right clutch to match hp, and yadda yadda...

i dont know where to look first.

how did u know it was gone, i have a feeling a bunch of stuff is mesed up with my clutch assembly at this point iwas having a weird chattering sound and slipping clutch. Then it went away now the chatter is back but it wasnt slipping that bad today? What let u know it was gone?

-Jeff

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

how did u know it was gone, i have a feeling a bunch of stuff is mesed up with my clutch assembly at this point iwas having a weird chattering sound and slipping clutch. Then it went away now the chatter is back but it wasnt slipping that bad today? What let u know it was gone?

-Jeff

im confused. what are you referring to "that is gone"?

like, what made me know that i needed to replace my clutch?

i tried to accelerate the car, rpm goes up, but the car wasnt moving at all. i needed to rev the car higher to just to start the momentum.

so i brought it the dealer - carefully, and told them about it. they tested it, the car didnt really move (no transfer of power from the engine to the transmission) - so hence the clutch needed to be inspected.

i hope that answered your question.

I had my clutch replaced under warranty for the same reason. At first the clutch is really light, that changes after a week or so, and it goes back to being as heavy as before.

When you start getting slipping in the higher gears (3rd+), ie: you try and accelerate and the revs move but the car doesnt, that is a sign that your clutch is done and needs replacing.

i drove my car today - second day driving w the new clutch and things, and i do notice that theres not any studdering/jerking like last time.

you mean engine studder? they probably disconnected your battery. i believe this will restart the map on your ECM...your car will most likely "re-learn" the studder.

:confused:

i have a 05 legacy gt with 31000. i had it since sep 04.

Over 3 years old and only 31000 miles. You need to get out more...

sorry to hijack the thread.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

you mean engine studder? they probably disconnected your battery. i believe this will restart the map on your ECM...your car will most likely "re-learn" the studder.

sigh. i can only dream of not having that studder. lol!

His location said NYC....

I think that answers it!

gotta luv stop and go traffic! whoo hoo! makes this car useless! no place to enjoy the speed! - ahem - legally!

as for the 31k comment. before posting this thread, it seem as the general consensus is that people always ask the details, how old is your car, when did you get it, how much mileage, whats the color of my underwear, how much of jerk some people are, the size of the tires, and so on and so on.

next time ill keep it short and sweet. i shouldve asked:

hey guys, i just got my clutch replaced. the pedal is light. is that normal?

---

and the others are right, im starting to feel my clutch get a little heavier.

gotta luv stop and go traffic! whoo hoo! makes this car useless! no place to enjoy the speed! - ahem - legally!

as for the 31k comment. before posting this thread, it seem as the general consensus is that people always ask the details, how old is your car, when did you get it, how much mileage, whats the color of my underwear, how much of jerk some people are, the size of the tires, and so on and so on.

next time ill keep it short and sweet. i shouldve asked:

hey guys, i just got my clutch replaced. the pedal is light. is that normal?

---

Yes and (sadly) it will go back to being heavy

EDIT:

see ;)

Archived