LegacyGT.com

Wagons, Dog guard, LATCH, and car seats...

Does anyone have any experience with the dog guard and car seats? I've read from a couple vendors it is not to be used with tethers... so are the lower anchors still usable? and what is the problem with using tethers? I assume either the dog guard is in the way of the tethers or the dog guard actually uses the tether points to install? Anybody know where I can get installation pdfs to see how it is installed?

I don't have an installation pdf, but there were other posts in the past (search) on them and had pics. From what I remember, the dog compartment separator used the center upper tether as a mount point. The lowers are usable... and if you wanted to, you could modify the dog cage (cut out a cross or two in the gate) to allow for proper clearance back to the tethers. I think anytime you get metal and seatbelt webbing too close to each other, there is a concern for accidentally cutting the webbing. So you'd want to make sure that in no way can the upper tether belt rub on the metal dog guard. Again, there were pics in the past... HTH.

I did a search but didn't find anything. did the exact same search ("dog guard" still in the search box) and found the thread that you spoke of... weird. thanks. wait... nevermind, the first time I typed in "dog gate".

Archived