LegacyGT.com

Are there any cheap BBK's out there?

Here's the basic list of what you'll need for the STI brembo swap and approximate prices:

Calipers Front and Rear (usually come with stock pads) $800 - 1000

Rotors Front and Rear (centric premium) $300

Rear caliper brackets $250

Rear brake pads $250

Stainless steel lines (optional) $150

One other option is to just put the money into your current brake setup... pads, ss lines and a STi Master Cylinder swap. You can paint them too if you are looking for the 'bling' factor. From what I have heard, the stock brakes perform just as well as brembos with a little tweaking!

Also, this: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fix-nasty-calipers-hubs-brembo-caliper-covers-175737.html?t=175737&highlight=plastic+brake :lol:

I want to find an alternative to Brembo while still retaining the look and appeal of a big brake kit. Also, when I say cheap, I mean in relative terms. Any ideas?
Cheap and BBK don't tend to go hand in hand with one another. As much as I think BBKs are sexy behind a nice wheel, I'd do as others have said and go for performance. Rotors, pads, SS lines, MCB and even a MC/Booster swap if the afore mentioned changes don't get you the pedal feel you desire.

For the STI Brembos (and many other BBKs) you'll need different wheels. They have to have a specific spoke design to clear the massive brake calipers. 04 STI wheels do nicely. But that is another $500-$800 you'll have to factor in to the cost.

Archived