LegacyGT.com

Get a new GF...

This has been covered already, however mostly in application to the GT model. I made a poor decision in letting my gf take off for a night and a day in my SE and noticed hestation. I am not sure if she drove in autostick the entire time in first gear but I'm aware that she also put the lower grade fuel which I am unclear if this would be a contributing factor in my model. Any thoughts?

Is the SE the same as the 2.5i? I thought the 2.5i you could put 87 in but the GT being turbo'ed is the one that required higher octane fuel? You can either drive it till you need gas and add the higher octane stuff or if your really really concerned then you can siphon(sp?) out the gas. I had a girl once drive off in 1st gear.. luckily I was in the car and quickly realized it and switched it.

fuel wont matter in your car

and if she was pegged on redline as long as it wasnt pinned on the freeway it should be fine

I think you dont trust her and your head is getting the best of you

my advice... go play with her sister for an evening

@ Silver, her sister is the ugly one. And as hott as the gf is, I am much more in love with my car(forgot to mention she put 200 miles on it inside of 24 hours) I am not very proficient as most Legacy owners, so I was concerned about the fuel grade or possible tranny damage.

Ive always run the higher grade in my SE so maybe this is the reason why it seemed different.

@ Silver, her sister is the ugly one. And as hott as the gf is, I am much more in love with my car(forgot to mention she put 200 miles on it inside of 12 hours) I am not very proficient as most Legacy owners, so I was concerned about the fuel grade or possible tranny damage.

Ive always run the higher grade in my SE so maybe this is the reason why it seemed different.

The fact that you've started a thread like this, posted a post like this, and didn't teach her to drive stick if it were a concern ahead of time tells me that you should probably take the car to a shop and be single for a while.

@ Lucky, No kidding. I need to take it to the shop for sure. It's an autostick by the way, therefore anyone living typically would know how to drive such, hence the title if not...Outside of the relationship advice, do you have anything helpful to say?

"charlie brown is an a**hole"~billy wilkins

Oh dear, my GF is driving my Spec B today...you have me worried now...No not realy.

BTW your wasting your money buying 91 or 93 octane for that car. You don't need it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Oh dear, my GF is driving my Spec B today...you have me worried now...No not realy.

BTW your wasting your money buying 91 or 93 octane for that car. You don't need it.

Touche... I'm glad that I don't have to worry about my Wife driving my car since she drives it just like I do... Hell on my way back from NH a few weeks ago I passed her at about 120, I was in the Pink Beretta she had the Legacy... What did she do, she proceeded to blow my doors off while I was still doing 90+! Gotta love my Wife! :) It also helps that her Impreza is a 5-speed to begin with so she has always driven a stick.

Touche... I'm glad that I don't have to worry about my Wife driving my car since she drives it just like I do... Hell on my way back from NH a few weeks ago I passed her at about 120, I was in the Pink Beretta she had the Legacy... What did she do, she proceeded to blow my doors off while I was still doing 90+! Gotta love my Wife! :) It also helps that her Impreza is a 5-speed to begin with so she has always driven a stick.

Yea, mine kind of likes to drive fast too. I haven't let her loose with the 05 since the last tune. She almost got it today, but I'd rather keep miles off the Spec, her DD is about 6 miles, mine is like 60. She have the car for a few day's. I'll get to see it every night when she get's home.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

ibtl

I've had people shift the auto all the way down to 'sport mode' so I guess I understand what the OP is saying. Nevertheless, if she did happen to do so, and engaged the 'autostick', it would automatically shift up at redline and shift back down to 1 after a full stop.

Check your ATF and your oil, and stop using 91/93 octane. It really is a waste. Stick with regular.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

The last time my gf took my gt while i was at work it came back with the windows tinted.

I would send her back to the tint shop with one of her eyes tinted...

I'm not suggesting you do this to your gf, but maybe this attitude is why I am single

I've had people shift the auto all the way down to 'sport mode' so I guess I understand what the OP is saying. Nevertheless, if she did happen to do so, and engaged the 'autostick', it would automatically shift up at redline and shift back down to 1 after a full stop.

Check your ATF and your oil, and stop using 91/93 octane. It really is a waste. Stick with regular.

^^^This

I have run 87 octane in my car since new and it has 125k miles on it now, no problems. Autostick will change gears once it hits redline.

@Mas, not sure how I would finish law school while in mex but I hear the partying is good.

@ Copen, Ill trade you.

Very Paranoid but after using 91, it seems "fine" again. Okay or is this a placebo branching from my Paranoia?

If you didn't trust her, why did you let her drive it? Looking for an excuse to get mad at her?

That's stupid.

At any rate, it's fine. Reset the ECU, so all learning is reset, and then drive the car like normal.

It's a 2.5i with an automatic. That engine and transmission combo has been around, probably, since before both of you were born. 200 miles isn't going to hurt it. It's just a normal car. It's not a race car, it's not fragile, it's just a car.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

The best thing is to refer to what your car's manual says for fuel. Unsure about the SE's but I'm almost positive that they recommend 87 octane. I always joke to a friend with his TSX that he doesn't need premium fuel but since the manual says 87 octane is recommended and you "can use premium if wanted", well, you can guess what he wastes his money on with the car.

-Chris

Archived