LegacyGT.com

Long time NA Subi guy, on the fence between NA/FI Outback

Finally getting a non project Subi, and am on the fence about what to get. Being in the PNW, our Subi "tax" is still in effect, so I'm having a hard time finding cars truly in my price range ($12k, maybe more).

I've narrowed it down to a an 05-07 Wagon. Legacy or Outback, the added ground clearance is negligible to me. In a perfect world, I'd find an SWP taupe leather interior Limited Outback with panoramic moon roof, low miles, and unmolested. Unfortunately the one I found got sold already, and the other one I found has engine noise at a virgin 66k; I ran far far away.

My hangup right now is turbo or not. I'd like the power, but I'm terrible at leaving anything stock, and I drive about 25k miles a year so I want something that's a bit better on gas than my built OBS. Plus forced induction scares me, what with all of the ringland and bearing spinning tales I've heard on NAStI sOCk with the WRX. My price range is putting me looking at GT/XTs in the 140k mile range; nothing for NA, but where does that fall in turbo land? Alternatively, I'm looking at 2.5i Limiteds in the 80k range for my price range.

Turbo? http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m74z87OLdN1r91bgy.gifNA?

Archived