LegacyGT.com

Good Subaru tuner in Atlanta.

Jace2010LGT

Go to Top Speed in alpharetta. They are pretty well known around here. I had them do a compression check and leak down test on my 05 LGT Wagon. All in all they had good customer service, decent pricing and were running cars on the dyno the whole time I was there. Not to mention when I went just to look at the shop before I had them do any work there were probably 8 boosted subarus out front and I hardly ever see any other subi's in ATL. I plan on having them tune my car after I get a new turbo.

• 1 month later...
Check out Scott Siegel. Premier Subaru tuner. Works out of Forged Performance in Marietta, outside Atlanta. Tuned my 05 and I'm going back to him next month to have him retune the Stage 3 bits. Smoothest power I've every had
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Scott Siegel used to work for Top Speed, but left there for Forged. He has since gotten out of the tuning business and has a normal job. Forged does good tuning work, however; their main tuning guy is named Sharif Abdelbaset and he's done a couple of tunes on my car as I've had different stuff done to it. The shop focuses more on GTRs/Infinitis/Mitsubishis, but they know their stuff when it comes to Subarus as well. They installed my turbo, injectors, fuel pump, intake, exhaust, and intercooler, as well as tuned my car. Plus, it's right across the street from a good pizza place, if you're stuck there waiting for work to be done on your car.

You are correct about Scott previously working at TS, and at FP, and that he does have a day job. However, he's still doing Subaru tuning 1 evening every other week and an occasional Saturday at FP. Actually have an appointment with him on 8/15 to get tuned.

Sharif is also an excellent tuner, but his main focus is on the GTR market with some additional Infiniti/Mitsu fitted-in, and his availability is equally tight.

Cool, thanks for clarifying that. I wasn't aware that Scott was still doing tuning. I'm scheduled to get my final (for now) tune with Sharif 8/2. That should take care of my modding for the time being!

• 2 weeks later...
Similar type question, I need a shop to do a leak down/compression test as well as a general pre-sale check over. Would you guys still recommend Forged?

Yes! Give them a call. Easy to find, great shop to work with.

498 Cobb Parkway South Marietta, GA 30060

(770) 792-0202

• 2 weeks later...

Spent nearly six hours with Scott last Thursday while he tuned mr_hicksta's LGT. Over four hours on the dyno, and another hour and a half road-tuning the car. Difference between pre-dyno/road tune and post-tune, amazing...rock solid and absolute blast to drive. There's a reason he's the Tuner's Tuner. Always impressed with his professionalism and attention to detail.

Can't wait to get the Subenwagen back to Marietta to have him work his magic after the final set of upgrades go in.

Archived