LegacyGT.com

Legacy/Outback Recall: Steering Loss

kenzo

Yea I wasn't all that shocked when I read this on my phone's Pulse app this morning. Subaru seems to be plagued with quality issues lately? The recall notice for my 2012 3.6r's puddle lights catching fire was the last straw for me when I traded it for something I EXPECTED to be problematic.

No one buys a Subaru expecting anything close to these recent issues. Most of the Subaru market buys the brand first and foremost because of reliability and safety. Take those away, and the brand's future is in trouble.....Add this rather major issue to the recall for the new forester's "curling" floormats, and things are not trending well for Subaru....get your shit together Fuji!

seriously? pre runaway Toyota, no one would have recalled a vehicle for curling floormats. The puddle light issue had one case of smoke (not fire) in 7 years of all of the vehicles equipped with puddle lights. Almost every recall has been vendor related and Subaru wasted no time unlike other manufacturers in fixing them. Most of them were minor or affected small numbers of vehicles. This recall affects less Outbacks and Legacys that Subaru sells of just Outbacks in one month.

Going in for recalls sucks, but Subaru's recalls are usually quickly isolated and announced.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And none of the problems so far has been extremely expensive.

Look at the VW DSG gearbox issues. Gearbox replacement before 8000 miles in many cases - at the expense of the owner in some cases. At least here in Europe.

453747.png

And none of the problems so far has been extremely expensive.

Look at the VW DSG gearbox issues. Gearbox replacement before 8000 miles in many cases - at the expense of the owner in some cases. At least here in Europe.

as an EX VW tech... it was here in the states as well. so many 2.0T and 3.6VR6 models were sited for a replacement valvebody (mechatronic) unit. Not to mention the 2009 & 2010 EGR issue's on the TDI's that would cause complete loss of power on the highway.

I've got 2 Subaru's now. Bulletproof is the first word that comes to mind.

Archived