LegacyGT.com

Where are the Legacy GT wagons?!!

I drove through a Subaru dealer lot yesterday and did not find one GT wagon. They had a couple dozen new Outback wagons, but no sign of the Legacy GT!

Based on dealer inventory, the Outback seems to be the obvious choice for most consumers. Subaru sales reportedly are up, but I wonder how the Legacy GT is selling. I see very few on the road. If I do see one, it's a sedan....

I admit my vehicle preference is on the lunatic fringe (GT wagon with manual tranny), but there has to be a few of us out there!

Just curious, does anyone know where to get a breakdown for production numbers of each trim line; maybe even to include colors? I'd like to know what's the rarest combination.

I think the majority of them are here in Vermont. Every few cars is a Legacy (usualy the older Legacy L or a L wagon) and new ones are all over the place up here. Pull in any parking lot and you'll usually see 2 or more new wagons and occasionally a new Sedan. GT's are still rare though :D

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

I had no problem finding Legacy GT wagons here in Northern Calif. last October. Now when you get down to auto vs. stick and limited vs. non-limited and wanting a short-throw shifter with the stick you might have problems finding exactly what you want in stock. I ended up having them order my car (GT limited wagon with short-throw shifter, silver), waited I think it was about 6-8 weeks.

-Matt

When I got my wagon, the dealership had to bring it in from out of state, I'm in michigan. they did not have one legacy gt wagon or sedan on their lot. They had about 20 wrx's, outbacks, foresters and 4 or 5 sti's. this was back in october. I still haven't bumped into another legacy gt owner. I have seen 2 non turbo's though.

Base manual Legacy wagons are rare. When I ordered mine, the dealer did a search of New England and there were about 6 on dealer lots in all of NE. LTD auto wagons and manual LTD sedans seem to be the ones here in NH that are stocked the most, for Legacy's...not Outbacks. They're everywhere.

I have only seen 1 other base manual Legacy wagon here in NH and when I spoke to the guy, he said his was the first registered in NH (Feb '05). It was pretty cool and a bummer at the same time. He also had the silver, but no mods or any planned. I was hoping to talk to another Subie nut, but he was anything but that. Had no interest in talking about his car. Guess he didn't know what he has.

In NYC there are more and more Outbacks showing up. For whatever reasons, the Legacy wagon seems to have less appeal. Probably also the reason for everyone saying, "an Outback?" when I mention that I got a Subaru. I think it's just a marketing/branding thing going back tot he Paul Hogan days.

I've got my GT wagon, non-limited, 5-sp manual. short-throw shift, STI pedals, subwoofer + arm rest ext all on day 1 from the dealer.

but it is the only one I've seen so far here in CT.

I have the same car minus the pedals,subwoofer, arm rest and i'm in middletown Ct. My parents live in the northwest corner. I've only seen 1 gt wagon around.

j

If and when I decide to buy, I'll probably order one with the options I want. I basically want the base GT wagon, short shift, subwoofer and auto-dimming mirror.

You may want to get on that one somewhat soon. It sounds like your desire for a base GT might be out of luck for the 06 models, and the 05 production run may be closing in the next month or so. Then it will either be a car that is in stock somewhere else, or an 06, which is reported to be limited-spec only.

I just picked up my Regal Blue GT LTD wagon last saturday. We had put in an order for a silver one, because they couldn't find one in PA, DE or NJ. The factory kicked the order back because they weren't going to make any more GT wagons. That's what the dealer told me anyway. So instead of waiting till July to get one, I have it now. They found the Regal in Lancaster, and I'm in Montgomery County.

-Paul

Wow,

Miatas and Legacies must appeal to the same sort of people. Emosound, Maxmaita, myself, and probably at least 2 or 3 other members have miatas, and are either looking into Legacies, or already have them.

Wouldn't surprise me if the 05 wagon batch is done for the 05 model year. 06 will be announced soon, most likely.

Archived