LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My '95 Legacy wagon now has 229,000 miles. Runs fine, still using no oil. Mileage is down a couple of mpg so some fine tuning may be in order.

I bought it with 119,000 on it. The only items I have replaced are: clutch, alternator,rear struts and gas tank filler pipe. Routine maintenance beyond that.

The door locking system is still wacko and probably always will be - gives the car a little personality (even if scary!) LOL

John

Bought it 3 weeks ago with 218,xxx. Replaced timing belt water pump idlers t stat spark plugs alt. & air cond belts tires. Hoping nothing else soon. Do have to look into why only gauges work with lights on and no other dash such as air and heat control.

Bought my sweet '98 Legacy GT wagon with 130K on it. The credit union asked NO questions..Except what color it was! Loaned with the statement.."You'll actually pay this off, before you get rid of it, cause it will still outlast the loan." They know me there. Last vehicle was a Jeep. Jeep math ($100 parts+ Chrysler engineering+ 240K miles= Losing battle)

Subaru math ( $18 parts+ Fuji Heavy Ind engineering + 130K = WINNER!)

I will drive this thing till gasoline is three jillion dollars per ounce.

I'm gonna hit 120k in my 96 on my way home from class today. Started right up and purred along like a kitten... a retarded kitten... in the -20 weather this morning.

Had a couple backfires and almost stalled, but after a bit of warming up it acted normal again.

My 97' Outback has 138k on it as of today. I replaced the head gaskets, t-stat, full gasket kit, t-belt, water pump, idler pulley, plugs, wires, air filter, oil & filter, and PCV about 500 miles ago. Mechanic that assembled the motor for me said the insides were really clean and she runs great now. Hopefully this motor will last a long time. It has a little piston slap on cold start ups but I let it warm up for ~5 minutes before I drive it and baby it until its warm so I don't think that will become a problem. I hope...

Hi All,

Newbie here w/'99 SUS.

212,243 miles :icon_bigg.

Bought it new w/26 miles on 12/22/98.

Just had head gaskets done (212,111 mi) along w/ timing belt, water pump, oil pump, needed front drivers side wheel bearing and hub, and tie rod. Oh and set of Yoko TRZ's. First time I had to replace tie rod, bearings and hub, now that's what I call reliable!

216,800 :icon_mrgr

The 96 L still has to get the engine swapped into it then it will be sold. The white one goes to my sister, and the black one in mine :D I drove it home from Coeur d' Alene (40 miles from my house), keep in mind this is the 4th time I've driven stick. I was happy to get home! I want to keep driving it all the time so I can get used to shifting and starting out. Pictures of the car tomorrow hopefully!

Haha yeah, it was pretty bad at one stoplight.. I sat there the whole time it was green lol I was so pissed off... Then I realized I still had it in 3rd. I took off immediately after I got in back into 1st. Even though I'm not that great at driving stick yet I already like it a lot better than an auto!

Putting it into 3rd not 1st... classic. I do it sometimes in my GL because the bushings are SOOO shot. The stick moves back and forth in any gear as much as neutral the shifter bushings are so shot...

Yeah that is how this car is! It is a little hard to push it into first too. One plus is that the car came with a Haynes Manual and I've been wanting one.

You shouldn't really be shifting into first when you're moving. 2nd is pretty low on these, most of the time if you're moving 2nd is fine.