LegacyGT.com

DP CEL fix NOT fouler?

wrx2blackGT

Where do I find whatever has to be wired in to eliminate the CEL after removing DP and/or MID cats?

Why cant you put a simple resistor in where the O2 plugs in like you would with the uppipe?

Ive been searching and found tons of info and the antifouler but little on the wired in fix, and im tired of running with cats on my 08.

Thanks!

You can buy 2 spark plug anit-foulers. Double them up and then you have to drill the centers out with a 3/8" drill bit (its been while since I have done that). Then insert the sensor into the anit-foulers and srew the whole thing back in. This probably has a 50/50 chance of working. Even if you go with an access port or something else do disable the cel, its still a good idea to have the spacer to help your sensor last longer. If the AP is too much you can always buy the $80 Tactrix cable and use it and enginuity to disable your CEL for that. Takes about 10 mins to pull your ROM and CEL, then load your ROM into enginuity and click disable next to the CEL #, usually CEL P0420. The save and flash back to your cars ecu. Done.

do the anti fouler method. its seriously like 4 bucks Help brand part # 42002 or 42009 work fine(one is shorter) you can get them in 2 packs at any car parts store and they are super easy to drill out and work great. just had to do this on my buddies WRX, cheap and easy just like how i like 'em lol.

do the anti fouler method. its seriously like 4 bucks Help brand part # 42002 or 42009 work fine(one is shorter) you can get them in 2 packs at any car parts store and they are super easy to drill out and work great. just had to do this on my buddies WRX, cheap and easy just like how i like 'em lol.

Winnah/\!!

Archived