LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

it's a sonic ltz. fully loaded. wanna buy it? :lol: it's over in the classifieds.

still working that out. coming up with a fair price.

Grab a BNR tune and rock out.... I got the Cruze because the interior of the Sonic is not for me.

Replaced the rear sway bar ends links on Saturday on the wagon, for the first time, 211,000 miles.

It's going in the shop tomorrow to have the chassis nut replaced for the rear mount bolt for the front left LCA, then align the car. I replaced the left ball joint again the other weekend. That last ball joint didn't hold up well over the past winter, damn pot holes. Had to have one rim repaired too, it got bent.

It was also the left front.

Update, didn't need to replace that nut in the chassis, they were able to get it out with not much of a problem. They did install new LCA's and did the alignment. With the GS tmic and fresh street tune, the car is awesome again.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

214000, owned it for 2 years and put about 4 thousand into maintenence, these cars are the worst for reliablility in my area, but everybody likes a bad girl, fresh headgasket last week, act heavy duty clutch tomorrow (exedy pro kit lasted 9 monthes), goes like hell when it does go!:lol:

Truer words have never been uttered.......

160500 the other day, bought the car used with no maintenance history at 153000, runs great, turbo pulls strong, seems all original, fixed a bunch of minor stuff like valve/rocker cover gaskets, oil cooler oring, reclamped a couple of axle boots, flushed most of the fluids and put in new plugs, having fun with it as a daily driver. I could tell the previous owner let minor stuff go but seemed to care for the important stuff good, doesn't seem to have any more oil leaks, must be empty lol

Tony, your going to want to make sure you know how the turbo sounds. If it ever whine's be careful. But by that time you should have gotten to CEL P0011 and/or P0021.

Your going to want to make sure the banjo filter is removed and the cat in the up pipe.

You should have the car Tuned or at least make sure its off the stock MAP.

Read the threads on here you'll learn a lot.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

No code when our turbo went either. Actually, with the thousands of dollars worth of crap that's gone wrong with this engine, we only ever got a code when it was running fine and due for emissions testing...

this is vaguely how my car sounded when mine went. fortunately for me I was able to stay out of boost and limp home with no damage.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

If the engine has 160k miles on it I don't see why he would need to mess with his stock MAP. If it were an issue one would think he should have seen it by now.

As for the banjo filter, my guess is either they have always changed the oil at short intervals or it has been removed. Talk about a time bomb.

Serious question. I'm considering trading trading my 2005 Legacy GT Limited in on a new vehicle. Since I've purchased this car i've dealt with some heartache and i'm working further from home than anticipated and the mileage is killing me.

I purchased the car with 107k. It looked great when I bought it. There were minor paint chips on the hood. A couple of dings here and there. Nothing major. At 117k the motor seized, and the turbo had to be replaced. I had a brand new factory block and turbo installed, as well as a new radiator, and most recently a camshaft position sensor. Front discs and pads have been replaces, as well as the swaybar end links and front axles.

I don't want to say how much money i've poured into the car, but I know the trade in value will tear me apart, but I'm ready to move on from this vehicle. It's bone stock, never modified with performance modifications. It is an automatic transmission with new fluid and shifts beautifully.

The question I have here would be, would a private party seller put any interest in having a shell with 140k, with a 30k motor, or would it do me just as well to trade it in and walk away.

The car has two minor issues that i'm not really willing to put any money into. Both left window switches need to be replaced. Also, the driver door lock doesn't function. It has to be manually locked when getting out.

How does the value of this vehicle sound, based on the more seasoned drivers of these cars. I know this may not be the best place to post this but i'm fairly new to the site and would love some better insight.

160500 the other day, bought the car used with no maintenance history at 153000, runs great, turbo pulls strong, seems all original, fixed a bunch of minor stuff like valve/rocker cover gaskets, oil cooler oring, reclamped a couple of axle boots, flushed most of the fluids and put in new plugs, having fun with it as a daily driver. I could tell the previous owner let minor stuff go but seemed to care for the important stuff good, doesn't seem to have any more oil leaks, must be empty lol

PS I was thinking about the uppipe and banjo bolt thing, maybe will take a look at those soon as well as getting a basic tune at one of the nearby subie tuner shops. Does have the trademark stumble depending on rpm and throttle position and the 4th syncro is weak but I'm still having a lot of fun, Blackstone oil sample has come back clean, just sent off another sample. I have other cars so this one is my dd, project, extra toy car. getting ready to switch to subaru blue coolant, yolo :icon_twis

Serious question. I'm considering trading trading my 2005 Legacy GT Limited in on a new vehicle. Since I've purchased this car i've dealt with some heartache and i'm working further from home than anticipated and the mileage is killing me.

I purchased the car with 107k. It looked great when I bought it. There were minor paint chips on the hood. A couple of dings here and there. Nothing major. At 117k the motor seized, and the turbo had to be replaced. I had a brand new factory block and turbo installed, as well as a new radiator, and most recently a camshaft position sensor. Front discs and pads have been replaces, as well as the swaybar end links and front axles.

I don't want to say how much money i've poured into the car, but I know the trade in value will tear me apart, but I'm ready to move on from this vehicle. It's bone stock, never modified with performance modifications. It is an automatic transmission with new fluid and shifts beautifully.

The question I have here would be, would a private party seller put any interest in having a shell with 140k, with a 30k motor, or would it do me just as well to trade it in and walk away.

The car has two minor issues that i'm not really willing to put any money into. Both left window switches need to be replaced. Also, the driver door lock doesn't function. It has to be manually locked when getting out.

How does the value of this vehicle sound, based on the more seasoned drivers of these cars. I know this may not be the best place to post this but i'm fairly new to the site and would love some better insight.

That window switch and door lock issue could be a simple fix. It could be the same part. Checkout one of the Vendors for the switch price and have a body shop install it if you can't.

There is a DIY switch rebuild on here too.

You already had the rebuild so in theory you got over that hump. Besides the switches, figure out if a car note is worth it. I went for a new car to replace my Leggy as a DD and that thing is in the shop more than the Legacy was when it ran.

No need to be ashamed of how much money you put into the car, I'm exceeding the value of my car just trying to get it back on the road.

Quitting while you're behind is only for people who don't like what they have. A car is a horrible investment in almost every way, but it can be an excellent investment in personal enjoyment. As such, I've never put a dollar into a car that I ever expected to get back as anything but a smile. It isn't a bad investment until you give up on it, and there are things to be said for "The Devil You Know".

203500 miles on my black wagon! Stock except for a Grimmspeed UP, Grimmspeed lightweight crank pulley, Cobb CAI, Stg. 1 tune, Enkei wheels. I've had the rear wheel bearings replaced once, and all four corners have had CV boots replaced.

I'm looking at replacing my wife's 2008 Ford Fusion with a 2005 GT Wagon (white for her) so we'll be a his and hers wagon garage. :-D