LegacyGT.com

I need to pass emissions, need a MT dp.

beerice247

Don't go to In-Out on 500W and 4195 South. They passed my brothers heavily modified Forester. I just got off the phone with the Nazis at the county health department for emissions. They wont even acknowledge that 1 cat may pass emissions if they actually bothered to check it, they just say that if it came with 2 it has to have 2 even if 1 passes if they bothered to sniff it.

Do you guys have those roadside sniffer things like we do out here in CO? I know it's a bit of a cheat way to pass emissions for us (from now on anyways). You have to pass like two or three within a certain time period within a few months of having your registration expiring. Makes life easier for some people that have trouble passing emissions out here.

Yea, the vans are called RapidScreen. Not sure if it's just here in CO either but pass by 2 vans in a 6 month period and all they do is "sniff" and do a visual check of exhaust gases as you pass by. Great way to get past all that other crap that isn't necessary if you're still running legal cat replacements.

+1 on the vans. Thats the only way I could of passed. I just stalked one van that I knew about that would park in the same place every day and sure enough no emissions needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived