LegacyGT.com

looking for aftermarket navi

i just bough t a 07 lgt without navi. because when it comes to used lgt u take what u can get. is there anyone out there that put a aftermarket one in that fits in the sunglasses holder between the a/c vents. if so what kind did you get? did you have to order a new a/c face plate? and were you able to tap into the wires that power the clock. i dont want any wires showing or i would just buy one and stick in on the window. thanks

I had mine installed from best buy with a manipulated abs plate by pulling out the flip tray. This was stolen when I was parked downtown one day, so now I am having a specialized shop use my replacement cargo tray to conceal a Garmin so that is is now clandestine when parked. You may want to check around some specialty shops and price out the cost of this procedure. I think I may end up spending $200 but again who knows since they also did a stereo instal with no labor fees.

I was thinking of going that route for my '08 when I realized I could buy the Navigon app for my iPhone for $38 and real-time traffic for another $19, with no monthly fees beyond the data plan I already pay for. It works better than the factory nav systems on my other two cars. It also looks like the free Mapquest app now includes turn-by-turn audio directions. Why cut up the dash when there are cheaper and easier ways to go? Just my two cents.

Archived