LegacyGT.com

LGT project: matte black vinyl wrap

ArcTec34

the non air release vinyl is used for large graphics on the sides of vehicles, walls, windows, etc etc etc... I think they're really meant for flat surfaces though...

please post here how it goes, then.

exact model # of the vinyl?

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol yeah I was supposed to just be getting the cars for that shoot but I ended up having to shoot it too. I made another video like the one my dad posted of a white 2010 STi getting washed, detailed, tinted and clear bra today so I will post that when its all done.

hey here is that video if any of you are interested. Its an STi getting washed, detailed, tinted and clear bra.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GxDbv9EG88]YouTube - 2011 STi Wash, Detail, WindowTint and Clear Bra in 2 Minutes[/ame]

Your car looks so good though man! I want to wrap my WRX something crazy too. Thinking matte turquoise :D

please post here how it goes, then.

exact model # of the vinyl?

Most of the vinyl i've been looking at is on Gregory1.com

here's one example

http://store.gregory1.com/vdetail.aspx?2F000020010 Oracle 651

I believe this is non air released... but they state it's used for exterior graphics...

it's also available 48" wide X 50 yards long... in a variety of colors... for $215ish... and i think it's free shipping too. that's enough for 2 full cars with mess-ups too (if i'm not mistaken)

I also talked with one of their sales guys who gave me info... not sure if it was that exact one... they sell both 3M and Oracle Vinyl... for decent pricing too... and you can get a bunch of various colors... there's so many types of vinyl... happy hunting everybody.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just watched an episode of top gear where you can buy a car with a matte finish, they were saying how you can't wax, buff, or do anything but wash it. U have to hand clean the bugs of after every trip and if you don't it wrecks the finish of the matte on the car. My buddy got the skunk2 matte black on his honda, its been a pain in the butt to maintain, but looks sick on the car. Hope all works out with what you decide on. Excited for pics.

yeah, but my buddy has a skunk2 matte wrap and has the same thing with having to clean the front end everytime he drives it. then again I do live in wisconsin u can't walk anywhere without eating a bug. Looks sexy as all get out though.

• 3 weeks later...
I threw some pics of yours on nasioc for some people to look over, hope you're cool with it. LMK otherwise and I'll remove them.

Fine with me!

So winter is finally over, vinyl has held up pretty well. If I look close enough there are a few tiny tiny chips from rocks/highway driving on the front and some wear like that but not much else. I will probably swap out a few of the doors and re-vinyl them because of a defect in the vinyl from months ago, but that's about it.

Does the Di-Noc behave similarly to this? I am considering vinyl for some accents. (inside hood scoop, grill opening, and interior pieces)

If you look above a few posts, I think someone else links to a similar "carbon fiber" patterned vinyl that is made for more rugged/outdoor applications. the di-noc scratches very easily. I have di-noc on my interior woodgrain trim though, and that barely gets touches so its holding up fine there

• 2 weeks later...
dude this matte black looks sick. Love ur tail lights too. did u get them somewhere? or custom? i'v wanted to do LED taillights just dont' know where to start. Great stuff keep adding

OP's own custom made LED tails

Would you suggest having a second person help wrap the car?

I'm going to be wrapping my Miata soon, and I'm trying to determine if I need a second hand or if I can do it myself.

great job, looks great.... any chance of deciding to paint in Matte Black or is the Vinyl a permanent solution for you!! either way congrats on the project and the reward from it.

• 3 weeks later...