LegacyGT.com

5mt hard to shift before and after rebuild

systdow666

hate for my first post to be a trouble shoot but im at a loss car is a 2000 legacy gt prior to my owning it passenger side hit.upon my taking ownership it had a grind in 3rd and 5th was harder to shift into after rebuild (new linkage) and 5th originally was hard to shift into has seemed to loosen up but reverse is next to impossible almost like reverse over to far to the right also after getting it into reverse it becomes hard to shift out and occassionally locks out other gears any ideas or similiar experiences thanks in advance

was bled prior to use after install all other gears appear to smoothly shift so not thinking clutch as an issue trans rebuilder claimed reverses collar meshed kinda tight and noted there was no stop on the shaft for it so thought it maybe normal operation anyone with experience internally with these transmissions ?

ok so here it is the 5th hub assembly apparently is binding to the point at engagement it actually sticks which is why it becomes a popping shift to break the bind or force it in this is from our rebuilder not me to my eye it looks normal but to touch its sticky as hell will post pic of part later

Archived