LegacyGT.com

Gtb recirc valve issue

While taking my engine out I broke the driver side recirc valve vacuum line hookup. I try plastic welding it didn't work and I ordered one from Subaru and it back ordered should have been there 3 weeks ago. Now I'm wondering if I could put it back as it is or should I wait. And if you guys know any other websites to get that valve.

Thanks

image.thumb.jpg.6dc87bdf0606c23f0a84e791f914bf3c.jpg

I think I might have put a head banjo bolt on the core the coolant have all the same size holes just the head ones are a little longer. Could that cause the coolant leak or/and have damaged the core. I didn't feel any resistance boltin it back in but just wondering. The cool side is filled up with coolant. Let me know what you guys know past experience on the subject???

I've used jb qwik on plastic welds with success for a year or two so it should work fine for a while as long as you cleaned everything beforehand.

That looks just like a stock 22t bov. I have a couple of extras so I can try and snap a pic of one tomorrow. A Wrx bov can probably replace it but it has to be plumbed differently. Bbslegacycentral is a good place to find one or I could send you one if it is the same part.

Please post some pics of your banjo bolt installation. I think your question was lost in translation.

Archived