LegacyGT.com

Pzev aftermarket headers

A while ago i was going to have custome headers made for my legacy since the pzev engines have single port headers. I found someone that would be willing to fabricate some headers that will help get that boxer exhaust sound out that we all love. I was wondering how many people might be interested in this and what they would be willing to spend on them. Leave me some feedback and hopefuly i can get more information.

Eventualy all the cars are gonna be pzev. There's already like 4 states that only sell pzev models. But if you know what the dif is between a pzev and non pzev engine it's mainly how the engine deals with the cat and the header design.

Eventualy all the cars are gonna be pzev. There's already like 4 states that only sell pzev models. But if you know what the dif is between a pzev and non pzev engine it's mainly how the engine deals with the cat and the header design.

The HEADs are different the ECU programming is different it has more cat and NO never will every car be a PZEV could you see a PZEV Ferrari , Lambo , Work truck? yes the PZEV motor is still a 2.5i but the reason you will never see( at least for several years if ever) a PZEV header is because its a PZEV I dont think Borla is on the drawing board brainstorming " look we gotta get single port PZEV header out to martket by summer" or any other header manufacturer. The same thing goes for us regular 2.5i We have to venture back to MY 2002 for a header that is made for an Impreza RS just to get a set :cool:

A while ago i was going to have custome headers made for my legacy since the pzev engines have single port headers. I found someone that would be willing to fabricate some headers that will help get that boxer exhaust sound out that we all love. I was wondering how many people might be interested in this and what they would be willing to spend on them. Leave me some feedback and hopefuly i can get more information.

i would be up for gettin one....as long as it will fit a 2008 pzev :whore:

^^ Only thing about those is they are meant for a 2.2 L engine. They probably don't line right up due to the extra .3 liters, but I could be wrong. Anybody know for sure?

Well over on rs25.com i read a post that a user got EJ22 headers to bolt to Ej251 but not 253 so idk but those single port headers where the ones I was referring to.

They wont fit, there offset when they come off the heads. There where headers on ebay for borla replica single port headers for the 2.2l impreza:http: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140306488088&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

Im gonna put up pics of my headers so we can se if there the same for the 06+ cars.

275.thumb.jpg.9bbe84e14c1f2223eb9797b38274b20f.jpg

276.thumb.jpg.81e6f11abdd79127ce4377bd463cdb23.jpg

278.thumb.jpg.815600fc92692cb045bbfdadbe528653.jpg

279.thumb.jpg.ec3a0fcc460594af4836e2f394af5ef6.jpg

280.thumb.jpg.1b69e83881f79b56bbb53c2bd0bed397.jpg

The HEADs are different the ECU programming is different it has more cat and NO never will every car be a PZEV could you see a PZEV Ferrari , Lambo , Work truck? yes the PZEV motor is still a 2.5i but the reason you will never see( at least for several years if ever) a PZEV header is because its a PZEV I dont think Borla is on the drawing board brainstorming " look we gotta get single port PZEV header out to martket by summer" or any other header manufacturer. The same thing goes for us regular 2.5i We have to venture back to MY 2002 for a header that is made for an Impreza RS just to get a set :cool:

I agree that you wont see a PZEV Lambos or Ferrari's, but those are sports cars that you also pay gas guzzler tax for. I mean normal passenger cars that are normally on the road every day. I know that manufactures are trying to reduce there cars emissions and sell pzev versions of there cars depending on the state. My girlfriends Volkswagen is a pzev car and was purchased in CT. It doesn't have the crazy header setup that we have on the Subaru's but it is still PZEV. Like i said pzev normally has a different ecm, it trys to warm the cat immediately during start up so that it can go into closed loop asap. Subaru just decided to throw more cats on the car than usual.

Ha! After everyone does their header installs on the pzevs, yall are gonna have to take that sticker off cuz it won't apply anymore.

Im one step ahead of you:rolleyes:....i have the sticker removed lol:lol:

They wont fit, there offset when they come off the heads. There where headers on ebay for borla replica single port headers for the 2.2l impreza:http: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140306488088&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

Im gonna put up pics of my headers so we can se if there the same for the 06+ cars.

JayMitch that is your factory setup on your PZEV? Thats crazy neat and def wasnt what I would expect to see is that single outlet after the third cat/res :lol:

alright.. noob here.. what is the difference between PZEV and normal 2.5?

PZEV= Partial Zero Emissions Vehicles it has different air fuel ratios programmed and more emissions control components than a normal 2.5i model

And hey that isnt a noob Q im sure many others wonder as well :rolleyes:

But PZEV are DEF single port i looked up the diagram of the header gasket so yeah they may not be easily obtainable but that setup pictured is fairl free flowing looking chop out the cats and bam youve got a decent exhaust

akb4- ive wanted to ask that very question many times before, and although i assumed i knew what it was, i DIDNT know what it did or the differences would be. i ASSUMED this was for a California emission style vehicle.this still doesnt stop the itch to get some headers on my baby. she needs some deep throat action!

when i get on my car and get the revs up in the 5k-6kish area i smell a rotten egg smell.. is this the car trying to put out clean emissions after going threw the pipes and cats?

when i get on my car and get the revs up in the 5k-6kish area i smell a rotten egg smell.. is this the car trying to put out clean emissions after going threw the pipes and cats?

You may have a bad CAT you should look under there for visual signs if not you may need to unbolt the exhaust and look inside each cat

Yea if you have that sulfer smell I would bring it to subaru and they will take care of it for no charge.

Yeah if it is under warranty that would be the best option if its not then it may cost a tad bit of loot. Speaking of PZEV and such the PZEV header woudl have to ressemble the EZ30R header with one big port if it were to work ?

Archived