LegacyGT.com

anyone running meth.

TLO03

Sorry I've seen no evidence of the whole time bomb thing, I've seen plenty of " I just blew my motor/turbos" post since I started learning about subies and previous BMW research. But that don't mean yo can't show me..

I just saw an 07 STI last weekend getting tuned for his hfs-6 and he had with him his installer from AQ Tuning (sorry man forget your name).

He went over the whole thing with me and I was impressed with the clean install and the improved logic over the earlier versions.

I don't think I would ever have considered it but I am now.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

good for you; if you ever have any problems/questions, don't hesitate to contact Richard -- his commitment and help to customers and backing of product really is above & beyond any i've ever experienced.

enjoy the kit, let us know how you like it once you get it tuned and running.

• 2 weeks later...
Im debating between meth or invidia equal lengths next. What do you guys think? Im at 350 wheel right now with an fp green. I would do both but i figure at that point ill be pushing everything pretty hard (stock internals, stock 5mt). Efi tunes my car, so i know the tune will be safe but shit still happens.

Yeaa thats a valid point. I was leaning towards the equal lengths. I have kind of a unique exhaust system right now. And im just a little worried ill hate the sound of the equal lengths. But the only equal length suby ive heard was a 2.0 with a fat fart can on it. It made me cringe

Haha that would be the smart thing to do. Im not sure how i want to tackle that though. Pull my engine out and rebuild it... or get a new oem short block, slap in some forged pistons, arp studs etc. Im not sure what would be more time/cost effective.

I dont wanna derail this thread any more though. Sorry!

To the op let us know how the meth works for you

I just sold a block for practically nothjng. I didnt want to deal with sorting through all the bolts, and replacing all the orings and gaskets. I still needed internals and a crank. I dont think starting from scratch is worth it, and theres a good chance i would screw up my first flat 4 build.

Archived