LegacyGT.com

How hard was it to let go of your old subaru

I had a 1996 LGT wagon that belonged to my grandfather I was trying to talk my self out of selling it but I could not afford 2 subarus. The new one is a 06 OBXT 5spd ltd. I was fortunate to sell it to a relative so I will get to see it sometimes. Did anyone else hand pick the person they sold there old scoobie to?

HARD.

F***, i still miss it, and it's genuine STi TE-37's. And i sold it to a 16yr old who riced it up too :'(

This pic (and my similar opinions) earned me the nickname Clarkson

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa208/Pilot_Reuben/me-leggy2.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa208/Pilot_Reuben/leggy-meet2.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa208/Pilot_Reuben/leggy-meet1.jpg

Aussie new Liberty LX, imported into New Zealand. So very rare, we don't get liberty's in NZ. Was a 2.2 dual port, FWD, manual. Was an awesome car, and i will forever cherish the memories of it. I wish dearly to buy it back.

my uncle has a farm and depending on if its worth it to sell it or not when im through with it i would put it in storage and bring it back in twenty yearssssssss

ohhhhhhhhhh **** ya

1998 in 2028 that shits gonna be worth some money

I'm gonna pick the guy who gets mine; either that or I'm driving mine till it dies, which will probably be another 10 years or so (fingers crossed). I don't think I could see the day when I need to part ways with her :( the first car sounds like the toughest to let go.

I still see my 1998 Liberty around. The girl who bought it lives locally. I miss it when i see it and hear it.

But then i remember it was getting on in its life, auto, a 2.5 with its original HG's and then i feel better ;)

Actually it was pretty easy my 2004 FXT needed about 3 k in stuff... tires, brakes, clutch, and a new rear wiper that my oldest daughter broke off. Sooooo my current ride a 2006 Legacy SpecB was on the show room floor, I asked if they would sell it for $250 over invoice they said yes and and asked how much to trade in the FXT, they gave me the kbb for excellent trade plus 3.9% financing. I have 64k on the 2006 Legacy not any real problems yet. I hope to keep in another 64k...

My car will never be sold.. My parents got it for me and they said I can get a new car on my own and the LGT will go back to them. We like to keep all our cars until they die because we are afraid of what will happen to them if someone else gets them and doesn't take care of them.

^^ Definitely; there's alot of quirks with my car at least, and it sounds like the same kind of thing for other owners. If someone fresh into the subaru thing has no idea what they're doing, it's gonna be tough. Run till they die :)

AZZMAN, keep in touch!!!

Yeah my mom is keeping her Yukon XL until it dies, Idk if it will ever happen! It has 188,000 miles on it right now. Quite honestly I didn't expect domestic cars to last that long lol

Kaz, my car has a lot of quirks too lol

I need to make an appointment for a 120k service here pretty soon and an appointment to get the tranny fixed, supposedly it is fixable. I'm not to excited about footing the bill for it and then it may or may not be fixed.

Archived