LegacyGT.com

09 Legacy GT poor radio reception

2008wagon

Hello everyone, this is my maiden post on this forum. I'm a regular on Subaruoutback.org, and what brings me here is many recommendations and the fact that my wife has a radio problem with her 09 GT.

The problem is that the reception is just terrible. It is the high end HK system, and it loses it's signal in places where my 2008 Outback 2.5i remains as clear as a bell. She's really mad about this because they tout this great sound system and then the radio completely sucks. The dealer pretty much says, although they did not demonstrate, that all Legacy's have bad reception like that. Also, when you turn on the rear defrost it makes the static even worse.

Has anyone experienced these problems? Looking for a little input before we head back to the dealer. First time around they mentioned replacing the rear glass.....NOT what my wife wanted to hear.

Thank you in advance for all replies.

Wasn't there some kind of recall about that? I remember reading that people were getting rear windows replaced under warranty due to some kind of interference issue.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

And are the locations for the wagon.

0456S TAPPING SCREW-HEXAGON

0471S TAPPING SCREW-PAN FLANGE HEAD

63067A SCREW GROMMET

86325 CORD ASSEMBLY-ANTENNA,FEEDER

86326 CORD ASSEMBLY-ANTENNA FEEDER B

86327 AMPLIFIER ASSEMBLY-ANTENNA

86341 NOISE SUPPRESSOR ASSEMBLY

Q560016 TAPPING SCREW M6

Q580002 TAPPING SCREW-HEXAGON HEAD

http://www.detali.ru/cat/su/pics%5C0_B13_863_02.gif

Archived