LegacyGT.com

Local help! Eliot, ME

subie.snob

So my p.o.s. OEM crank pulley went. It threw the a/c belt and now the pulley is in 2 pieces (separated at the rubber). I need to fix it tonight or tomorrow and don't want to put an OEM pulley back on.

2 questions...

1. Does anyone have the crank pulley tool I could borrow? I know it can be done without it, but having the tool would make it that much easier on me and I won't have to worry about screwing anything up.

2. Do you know any local places that sell Grimmspeed? I called all the places on their dealer site within 90 minutes of here and they don't have any in stock.

Not sure of any places that would keep that stuff in stock.

No special tool is needed to pop that off. Put the car in 5th with the brake up (obviously) and just loosen it with a breaker bar. Remove the fans to give you some extra room.

Thanks Underdog. I'm sorry I didn't see this until I gave in and had one overnighted though.

This was A LOT easier to replace than I expected. It's also pretty crazy how much different driving feels with just one part being replaced. It makes me want to go spend lots of money on more aftermarket upgrades that I can't afford.

I'm down in Ayer, MA and have a black Grimmspeed pulley in stock. :)

And Rick proving me wrong again :lol:

I'm just going to start telling people call Rick he probably has one on hand :)

Archived