LegacyGT.com

Brightest yellow fog light bulbs?

Zac88

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, the HID in 3000k will be "brighter" than Nokya, because I had the Nokya before, BUT if you are talking about brightness as in shines further down the road, you need to re-aim the fogs. The light output will be a bit better, but not enough to notice inside the vehicle unless you re-aim the fogs.

I run 4500K DDM HIDs in my fogs with yellow lamin-x film.

Regardless of whether you use 3000K or white bulbs with yellow films, the result is so much better than the 55w H3 halogens ever were.

I could barely tell if the fogs were on/off when using the halogen bulbs. Now, with HIDs, there is a noticeable increase in light output when I turn them on. They work very well IMO.

L o L

This isn't a '92 Civic dude. Both the headlights and foglights are projectors, not reflectors. You're argument is null and void.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/StevenCole/Auto%20Photo%20Shoots/Legacy/DSC_0671.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs109.snc1/4922_525077369302_72100768_31080367_3628371_n.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/StevenCole/Auto%20Photo%20Shoots/Legacy/DSC_8291.jpg

"This is an adventure."

haha so you're telling me HID and Halogen projectors are the same?

And HID bulbs and halogen bulbs are the same length?

I think you need to read buddy, but anyways i'm not going to argue anymore, lets say you are 100% right but i'm still not putting HID's in my fogs or low beams for that matter. I'm looking for halogen bulbs.

Where did I state this? Of course it's not the same as a HID retro with say the RX330 projector. But it won't "scatter" as you say all over the place.

I think you need to read buddy, but anyways i'm not going to argue anymore, lets say you are 100% right but i'm still not putting HID's in my fogs or low beams for that matter. I'm looking for halogen bulbs.

That's fine. You're thread title asked for the "brightest." HID is the brightest, as stated. If you want to keep running halogens, that's perfectly fine and your choice. But don't spread misinformation blatant untruths.

"This is an adventure."

They are not the same, but they are close enough that the extra output of HIDs in the halogen projectors more than compensate for the slightly non-optimal optics.

In particular, H7 projectors work quite well with HID kits because focal distance is nearly identical (27.1mm vs. 27.05mm) and the HID capsule length is identical to the halogen filament length (4.1mm) and the nature of projectors means that the cutoff shield creates a sharp cutoff regardless of light source. The only real issue with Legacy lowbeam projectors are the squirrel finders, which can be filled. As another poster said, this isn't a 92 Civic we're working with.

Having done this on my own lowbeams, I can say that I greatly prefer HIDs over even the best halogens (Osram Rallye) and that it lights up the road well without producing excessive glare.

I can't say for sure that the OEM fog projectors are quite as good, but some searching will show you that people are generally quite happy with having HIDs in them. One thing I am sure about, is that you look like a donkey here.

They are not the same, but they are close enough that the extra output of HIDs in the halogen projectors more than compensate for the slightly non-optimal optics.

In particular, H7 projectors work quite well with HID kits because focal distance is nearly identical (27.1mm vs. 27.05mm) and the HID capsule length is identical to the halogen filament length (4.1mm) and the nature of projectors means that the cutoff shield creates a sharp cutoff regardless of light source. The only real issue with Legacy lowbeam projectors are the squirrel finders, which can be filled. As another poster said, this isn't a 92 Civic we're working with.

Having done this on my own lowbeams, I can say that I greatly prefer HIDs over even the best halogens (Osram Rallye) and that it lights up the road well without producing excessive glare.

I can't say for sure that the OEM fog projectors are quite as good, but some searching will show you that people are generally quite happy with having HIDs in them. One thing I am sure about, is that you look like a donkey here.

Thats nice but like I mentioned I do NOT want HID's, i'm sticking with halogens.

Thats nice but like I mentioned I do NOT want HID's, i'm sticking with halogens.

What do you expect when you call everyone idiots when you're the only one being an idiot? Or did you forget this post already?

you must be an idiot if you think you can put HID's in a Halogen housing and expect the light cutoff to be perfect and not scatter all over the place.

Your "reasons" for hating on HIDs have been debunked, so why are you still so stubborn about halogens? You won't find anything significantly brighter than OEM in halogens unless you up the wattage, which would cause heat issues in the small projectors. But have fun, Eeyore.

debunked? If you can seriously prove me wrong with facts and figures then i'll run HID's but you cant.

Daniel Stern clearly states that HID's are not recomended for foglights, read up on his website if you dont believe me.

As others have said, HIDs work well in the OE factory housings. I run them in both my lowbeams and fogs, very pleased.

Daniel Stern has some valid points but I was never happy with the halogen bulbs in my fogs. In fact, I was sorely disappointed. I expect the reason you are looking for the brightest bulbs also suggests that you are not happy with the output. I wouldn't recommend putting a higher wattage bulb (eg 100w) in there either as they'll generate more heat than would be recommended as well as put a larger draw on the factory wiring. Neither of which would be good.

35watt HIDs on the other hand, when wired up using a harness, draw less amps through the factory wiring and are brighter.

Good luck with your search for brighter bulbs but I expect you won't be satisfied...

Good luck with your attitude too ;).

If there has been a study made and pictures of the cut-off and long term use to not get flashed by on coming traffic then I will look into HID's but at this time I will not. I am sorry for the words I have said earlier on too.

Archived