LegacyGT.com

Pulled over in CT for no license plate..how many?

How many of you outhe there have been pulled over in CT for not having a front license plate? I'm picking up my 09 SE and i told the guy to not put one on since i'll take care of it, but might not do it if yuo all are not getting pulled over.

I told the dealer on my last two cars if he drilled the holes for the front plate I didn't want the car.

I keep the plate in the trunk and will play stupid and say they never drilled the holes for the plate.

I think unless you have dark tinted windows and a loud exhaust to draw attention they really don't notice.

I have gotten one in CT, back in november maybe, i dont remember.

It was an add on to a speeding ticket. Cop pulled me and another person over at the same time, and in doing so was parked in front of me. Otherwise I doubt he would have even known I didnt have it. He was being a dick cuz he also wanted to give me a ticket for the aftermarket exhaust, but decided he would be "nice".

They won't pull you over for it, but if they happen to notice when you get pulled over for something else, expect it to get tacked on. I think its around $100. But before then Ive run without one for 2.5 years and still havnt put it on

I told the dealer on my last two cars if he drilled the holes for the front plate I didn't want the car.

I keep the plate in the trunk and will play stupid and say they never drilled the holes for the plate.

I think unless you have dark tinted windows and a loud exhaust to draw attention they really don't notice.

Good strategy. Here in WV we only use the one, rear, plate. Thankfully! I think the front plate totally destroys a car's aesthetics.

eh, a front plate is whatever to me now, for those who are turbo'd with a front mount intercooler, just move the plate to the side so it doesn't block any airflow, i wish our license plates were cool looking though

funny that you mention that, because i got pulled over for not having a plate and the cop told me my windows were too dark :) no ticket, just a warning...oh and my plate is still off and my windows are still 15% :)

i guess i'll learn when i get an actual ticket.

Every car in CT I've owned has never had a front plate. I always request the dealers to not put the plate on, but give me the holder just in case.

Although, my dad (driving a Chevy 2500 box van) has gotten nailed for not having a plate, literally 2 days after he had knocked the front plate off due to a parking mishap. So, I guess it all depends on what kind of douche of an officer you get.

I've never had a front plate on any car i've owned and have been pulled over for it once. However I suspect he really pulled me over because I was speeding, and tailgating.

There is no way in hell though that I am going to drill two holes into my bumper just to pul a license plate on.

12 years in ohio (same law) on two cars and never got pulled over...when i take the time to count, actually about 25% of the ohio cars do NOT have front plates, so i'd be pissed if i did get pulled over..

They never enforced the law in CT, until they revamped the CT plates a few years ago, issuing 2 new plates to everyone once their reg. was up, and all new registrations as well.

At that point, I noticed it becoming more of an issue with cops pulling people over for something as simple as that.

I've lived in states that required front and rear plates as well as where only the rear is issued, like here in WV.

My question is, what the heck is the front plate for anyway? I've never known. I have a couple of speculations, neither are in the car owner's best interests.

not in our best interests is dead on. like i said, front plate is whatever to me now, I did have a Japanese plate attached to my old Leggy underneath my NJ front plate, cops gave me shit about that once

I've lived in states that required front and rear plates as well as where only the rear is issued, like here in WV.

My question is, what the heck is the front plate for anyway? I've never known. I have a couple of speculations, neither are in the car owner's best interests.

From what I have heard, the old radar guns used to pick up something in the paint which made it easier to clock cars. Not sure on the truth of it however.

How many of you outhe there have been pulled over in CT for not having a front license plate? I'm picking up my 09 SE and i told the guy to not put one on since i'll take care of it, but might not do it if yuo all are not getting pulled over.

I dont have one on my legacy nor did I on my chrysler nor do I on my pickup truck.

One time I got pulled over leaving a party and they gave me a verbal warning in my chrysler but it was just an excuse to see if I was wasted from what I could tell...

I was pulled over in Nebraska (which requires both plates)

The idiot officer wrote me a speeding ticket (74 in a 65), then wrote me a ticket for not having a front plate.

I'm from Kansas, only one plate.

I called the court the next day, and stated that I was concerned that an officer who can't identify license plates may also have difficulties properly using a radar gun.

Case dismissed.

NEVER ARGUE WITH A STUPID PERSON.

THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In NH we had to have front plates, same when I lived in IA. Here in PA, we don't need one.

I understand the aesthetic appeal of no plate, but to me it's not worth leaving it off, if you're supposed to have it there.

Archived