LegacyGT.com

Got a speeding ticket today

60 in a 45. I was very polite to the revenue generator so he rang me up for only 5-9 over ($60 fine and 1 point). I have a Legacy GT Wagon manual in Atlantic Blue (I think that's what its called.. its the light blue color). Station wagons aren't supposed to be pulled over!!!!!! Grrr. That is all.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No sympathy needed.. just venting. What sucks is I have to run an errand here in a little bit and I'm actually nervous about getting back on the road. Here in Colorado everyone speeds a little... go the speed limit and you'll get run off the road. Its a real catch 22.

Burgess road in Black Forest. People routinely fly down that road around 70 or so. It was deserted when I got pulled over. I was crusingly happily until a white car coming the other way pulled a uturn and lit up the lights. Those white Impala cop cars are hard to ID from a distance.

I'm a little PO'd about it cause I drive that route everyday. Its not bad until some hillbilly in a jacked up truck tailgates you at 60 mph (yeah I know its a 45 mph zone but nobody does that). Any cops around to ticket those offenders? Naaaah.... they just go for the easy pickin's (me).

look at PDX-- pushing there go fast products again

Drakuun nows about I-75 OH & MI--- u will get run off the road. couple years back I was up there visting family & pushed off going there & speeding ticket coming home WTF. I will say the statey has i cool cars.... the lights, i mean one HUGE old school style light.

Those white Impala cop cars are hard to ID from a distance.

+1

Can spot an unmarked Crown Vic a mile away in the dark but, Impalas r the ghey! I mean do the other troopers laugh at him, nice car? Did you ask him if he was new to the force to get such a POC? Tell him you'll gladly pay your fine if they put it to buy real police cruisers.

http://www.americancarfans.com/news/2050324.013/2050324.013.1M.jpg

look at PDX-- pushing there go fast products again

Drakuun nows about I-75 OH & MI--- u will get run off the road. couple years back I was up there visting family & pushed off going there & speeding ticket coming home WTF. I will say the statey has i cool cars.... the lights, i mean one HUGE old school style light.

If you don't do at least 80mph from Sashabaw to Downtown you're gonna get rearended, thats all lanes, all 4/5 of them even the exit ramps. lol.

As for our State Boys- yeah, we call them "Bubblegums" up here because thats what their light looks like, a Giant red bubblegum machine.

See here--

http://www.jbot.ca/cars/us/msp-mcd.shtml

WOOO WOOOOO PULL OVAH!!!! WOOOO WOOOOOO

Yeah they are ultra annoying..

Speaking of Ohio- and they just started this up here--

LED light bars.. OMG.. talk about being blinded, from a mile away. Sheesh.. can't miss those things.

Just yesterday I was driving 65 in a 55 when a little Jetta flew by me doing 120+. I was hoping the cops would light him up as I know the road has plenty of them. Not with my luck, maybe a little down the road they did.

About a month ago a similar thing happened. I was driving when a car flew by me doing 110 or so. It was a little mercury cougar. Up ahead there was a red light and I thought he would just fly right through it but he stopped at the light. I pulled up next to him and noticed there were lights approaching fast behind us. A chevy truck pulled up behind him and put on red and blue lights. I thought to myself "haha, sucker".

They've stopped putting the Transparent STOP signs on the hood of the newer fleet cars. I used to live around the corner from the MSP HQ and most of the cars there no longer had them. I'm fully expecting the MSP do get new Chargers and Magnum's- it's been since the Last Crown Vic since our state boys have had a new squad car. Most of our Local departments still run Vic's and Caprices, some smaller town's have gone to Impalas.

Guest *Jedimaster*
WTF? :icon_neut:lol:

There was another thread where I told the guy he should've jacked off on the cop as a joke and sand got everywhere :D

I don't get speeding tickets often. Last one was about 10 years ago. But I always contest them in court... with a lawyer. Around here a lawyer charges about $100 to defend a speeding ticket. Out of three tickets, none have gone to trial -- simply dismissed. The courts don't have time to deal with it.

My wife had a ticket a few months ago and the lawyer she got seemed like an idiot, so she plead no contest, paid court fees and was on her way.

Archived