LegacyGT.com

lower control arm busings

leggtnut

So I found out today that the front LCA bushings are no good and will be about $300 to replace with OE quality parts. Just wondering what other options I have aftermarket wise.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Thanks, keep the recommendations coming. I was searching and didn't find anything helpful yesterday.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

i just did my lca bushings with whiteline and am very happy with them. i dunno if you're lowered or not, but if so definitely look at the bump steer kits. i didn't because i never got any sort of bump steer.... however once the poly bushings went in, it's a different story, so i've gotta go back and install the kit...
i can put anything i want down here?!

stock height with spec B shocks and springs. I can't go any lower or else I would never be able to get in/out of my house/neighborhood.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

"On the lgt chassis, caster is like sex and money, you can never have too much" -Myles from RCE

Definitely go with the positive caster bushings regardless of ride height.

The roll center/bumpsteer kit, however, is uneccessary unless you're lowered.

I had the Perrin caster PSRS

Loved turn in especially on onramps it was an instant difference.

Wasn't too clanky but... I'm used to prepped suspension.

I'm also on the edge about which direction to go. I think I've narrowed it down to the Group N bushings (for a closer to stock appearance and ride) or the Whitelines with positive caster... tough call. I'd love to have someone convince me which is the better option!

Here are the other threads I've seen on LCA bushings:

Group N bushings

Bushing Options

Honestly the group n stuff is super quality in my opinion, but the benefits of the additional caster are so nice I would urge you to go in that direction. And I you're looking for appearance the whole lca bushing isn't readily visible from outside the car at ride height.

I would like to keep the NVH to a minimum. Leaning on the whiteline or ago side, I think. Still saving for the parts and work. Being out of work makes it difficult to save.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Then definitely don't get the perrin spherical ones. The WL poly ones really don't add much NVH. I notice them most on expansion joints on the freeway, but for the most part not so much. The additional caster really is great for this chassis.

stock height with spec B shocks and springs. I can't go any lower or else I would never be able to get in/out of my house/neighborhood.

Off topic but how does your car sit with bilsteins and stock spring on a non spec b. I am switching to bilsteins Hd's and stock springs and I am debating on if I need spacers in the rears. probably could have just pm'd this

Same as oem, they are 08 usdm spec b take offs. I had the jdm ones and they were just too harsh for me.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Sorry to jack your thread but can someone please post a link to the Whiteline LCA bushings with the added caster? I have looked at close to 10 places with no luck.

Infamous has an "anti-dive kit" but I'm not sure if that's the same thing.

I found these http://www.importimageracing.com/whiteline-positive-caster-kit-for-02-07-wrx-sti.html but it's the wrong car.

... can someone please post a link to the Whiteline LCA bushings with the added caster? I have looked at close to 10 places with no luck.

Infamous has an "anti-dive kit" but I'm not sure if that's the same thing.

I think the anti-dive kit you found at Infamous is the right one, KCA334:

http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-252/Whiteline-Subaru-Legacy-GT/Detail

Under the Detailed Description you can see that it adds 0.5 degrees of caster. Another description of it is on Whiteline's site:

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KCA334

There is also the AVO, non-adjustable version that adds 0.5 degrees too, and it is on sale for another few days:

http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-2491/AVO-Suspension-Front-Lower/Detail

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Archived