LegacyGT.com

The Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Gohmer1

Thoughts on these? 2005 Legacy GT, Obsidian Black Pearl

I considered those double five-spokes ones before...but they are a bit busy.

There's something I don't like about six spoke wheels.

Well unfortunately, I'm not in the market for a set of Rays, Volks, Advan, Works, etc.... I have to go with what the old budget can afford. They look nice on the digital image of what I am looking at and I don't want to look like all the other wheels out there. One thing I have learned in all of my years is that when it comes to wheels, everyone has an opinion, but the only one that really matters is the drivers. :)

I'll keep looking until I find that wheel that speaks to me.

What abot these? Found them local for $400, seems like a good deal. They have some light scuffs on the lip and a few small scratches. No bends or cracks.

I will upload a photo later.

image.jpg.6afb6a4ff320e356e0f334cc87d41264.jpg

Edited by NiteOwl561

I may not be buying the Superleggeras after all. One wheel looks to be badly curbed. Doesn't appear to be any bends, but about 1/9th of the outer lip is shaved down a bit. Not sure the wheels are even worth $400.

Am I correct that the main advantage of the OZ Racing wheels is the weight advantage?

Since I am not overly concerned about weight, I feel it's better to get a wheel that is not damaged over getting the OZ Wheels.

image.thumb.jpg.ea266dae35ae6875c6155aff826c77e8.jpg

Edited by NiteOwl561

^^^ nice! I love the OEM look.

I'm curious how the offset of those wheels looks on our cars. Do they sit deep inside the fenders? Or do they sit more or less flush? Can you please post pics from the front or rear of the car so the rims are visible. It's hard to see the offset from side profile shots.

^^^ nice! I love the OEM look.

I'm curious how the offset of those wheels looks on our cars. Do they sit deep inside the fenders? Or do they sit more or less flush? Can you please post pics from the front or rear of the car so the rims are visible. It's hard to see the offset from side profile shots.

Here you go. The rear sits in a little deeper. The 245/40/17s make them look a whole lot better than the 235/45/17s they came with. I do plan on some spacers for the rear a bit later.

20130510_111034.thumb.jpg.7549112f99e116f1d09a27daa1b62e9b.jpg

20130510_111019.thumb.jpg.9b3ed645c368f30610995d490798bc94.jpg

20130510_111207.thumb.jpg.aa08651fc64a8930c6ffc66ac7d94947.jpg