LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket lower engine trays

I was changing my oil the other night and noticed my plastic tray is starting to rip off near the cross member. It's only a matter of time before the whole thing starts to go once the snow piles up. I'd much rather spend the money on a metal/aluminum tray, and I went straight to the Rallitek site. They don't have it on their site anymore! :(:spin:

It looks like the only aftermarket lower engine cover is the GT Spec, and it is probably going to run a little over $400 shipped instead of the $250 that the Rallitek was, not to mention I think it looks hideous. Are there any other options I have missed? I really don't feel like spending that much on this, and I really don't want to replace it with something that is going to get ripped to shreds again in another couple of years. There has to be something else out there that is currently available...

• 3 weeks later...
FYI after further research, I purchased the Primitive Racing skidplate. It was amazingly easy to install, and I'm very happy with it. Two "studs" with locking nuts and a bolt, and it's good to go. My friend watched me do it, and he said it was way easier than the RalliTek he had on his LGT. I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new skidplate.

Archived