LegacyGT.com

Repainting the OBXT

captainmorgan

So I bought my 2005 OBXT in February 2006 used. I've known all along that its been an insurance repo or something along those lines because I noticed a bunch of body repairs that were done (engine and drive train were fine, and the price I got it for I could over look the cosmetics). But now some of the crappy body work they had done is falling apart. The bondo underneath the paint is pulling away, the paint is peeling in some places, and there are scratches and nicks that i've put in it over the years.

I've never done body work before, and I'm almost thinking that I'd just order new sheetmetal and start over. Any advice on getting her prettied up? or should I send it off to a shop? I'd say that almost every piece on the car will need to be refinished to some degree.

PS. I'd like to paint it matte black :cool:

thats what I really want to do! I love the look of the flares on the OBXT, but hate the rest of the molding on it, so that'd probably come off. I was thiking about getting a JDM OB bumper, but I'll probably just make some cutouts on mine and tuck the exhaust up a little higher.

This is the coloring I'm going to shoot for. http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-members-journals/154398-thedumbestmaniknows-murkedout-gr.html

holy sh*t that sti looks really good with that color and those tails. I have been wanting a car that is painted matte black for quite some time (i grew up around a bunch of rat roder guys). I would say keep the OB fender flares shave the rest of the molding on the doors and paint it matte black. I have yet to see a leggy painted in that color do it up will look awesome man.

Archived