LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

well there isn't realy room for v8 and stock subaru tranny

i could draw one up for you for bolting the two together.. but there are still some issues related to the starter that would need to be overcome for manual trans to v6 or v8

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well there isn't realy room for v8 and stock subaru tranny

i could draw one up for you for bolting the two together.. but there are still some issues related to the starter that would need to be overcome for manual trans to v6 or v8

I have an LS on an engine stand in my garage if you need any bolt pattern measurements. I'll also be pulling an LS1/T56 combo out of one of my cars in a few days if you want overall dimensions of the engine and trans.

I have an LS on an engine stand in my garage if you need any bolt pattern measurements. I'll also be pulling an LS1/T56 combo out of one of my cars in a few days if you want overall dimensions of the engine and trans.

In for pictures!

So you want to bolt your ls to the subaru awd trans ?

Not sure if this was directed at me or not :lol: But I was just saying that because the guy before me asked for LS bolt patter dimensions.

In for pictures!

Pictures of what? :lol:

Here's a picture of an LS in my legacy :cool:

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab114/gearhead_18/Mobile%20Uploads/20150418_152928_zpsnmxakw5r.jpg

:lol:

Here's a picture of an LS in my Legacy.

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t498/bunnv1/LS2BARU/20150410_183732_zpslcoympsz.jpg

God I love this car! very impressive swap :)

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome build! Does the 3.8 you use have the same bellhousing pattern as the 3800 series 2 engine? If so I was wondering if you had the dimensions or cad drawing for the engine to transmission adapter? I have a wrx that spun a bearing and think a NA 3800 would be a decent alternative to the costly Subaru motors!

Awesome build! Does the 3.8 you use have the same bellhousing pattern as the 3800 series 2 engine? If so I was wondering if you had the dimensions or cad drawing for the engine to transmission adapter? I have a wrx that spun a bearing and think a NA 3800 would be a decent alternative to the costly Subaru motors!

How much fabrication are you able to do in house?

Its the gm metric bellhousing used in pretty mich everything. So yes you could put a 3800 in.

I designed it for automatic suavru reansmission. The only issue being for use in a manual transmission car is the starter. Farmer z24 took my design and modified it so it could use a different starter location. A few different possibilities could make it even easier.

Edited by frank_ster

• 4 months later...
Hi new to the forum. What was the cost of this swap show want to due this real big fan of the 3.8 and the subaru mix the both must be one sweet ride.

If you read through this thread (and you should) you will see that question has been asked before.

But here are the cliff notes:

He did it himself.

Well there isnt realy anything special. And this should probably only

Be done with a 6mt swap and large rear diff. Or custom 5eat with mustang or corvette irs rear diff.

Edited by frank_ster

• 3 months later...

Subscribed- Just found out about this on TurboBuick, wondering how I missed it here!

Wondering how it might work in a 2nd/3rd gen....Gotta read back through all 97 pages!

Buick fan/owner since '88

Subaru driver since '85