LegacyGT.com

Painting calipers

KayGT

Yeh I just did mine yesterday. I bought a spray can of wheel/caliper paint in black but after taking off the wheels I thought it would be better to brush it on. I cleaned the calipers with brake cleaner and put on some high temp (1200 deg) "fireplace" paint with a brush. Hopefully this works and doesn't peel - if not I'll just do it again.

Guest JessterCPA
[quote name='devobuzz']put on some high temp (1200 deg) "fireplace" paint with a brush[/quote] Wow. Never even thought of that one. The whole idea of spending $49 on "caliper laquer" seems excessive for colored brakes. Remember the days of $2 Krylon on your drum brakes? That was the bomb back in the 80's.

[quote name='JessterCPA'] Remember the days of $2 Krylon on your drum brakes? That was the bomb back in the 80's.[/quote] No, really we just thought it was. :roll: :lol:

[quote]Wow. Never even thought of that one. The whole idea of spending $49 on "caliper laquer" seems excessive for colored brakes.[/quote] When I get my calipers painted red on my silver gt i'll post some pictures and then ask you if $49 is excessive for the much improved look of the wheels.

If you want to "dress up" your calipers....don't cheap out, do it right. Go here: [url]http://www.kingofimports.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=94&idproduct=143[/url] [img]http://www.kingofimports.com/productcart/pc/catalog/Legacy.Brakes.STiSportBrakeKit(medium).jpg[/img] Otherwise...it's just tacky IMHO

hmmm i could get it done professionally=$120 hmmm i could go with brembo=$3000 Rice? cmon now...it's not that ricey....it makes the car look better and it's not a big metal wing on the back or neon lights under the car. Just a little addition. If you want to criticize and call it rice go ahead by all means, but i think red looks better than brake dust.

Nice.... devobuzz go to page 1 and edit your post with the huge pictures....it'll be easier on everyone you went with black because you dont have time to clean off the brake dust. I on the other hand have time to clean the break dust and dont view red calipers as rice but a nicer color than break dust.

Eastwood.com has a variety of brake caliper paints, I tried to get black but they will not send to an overseas address. I will have to find something soon to avoid the inevidable rusty calipers once the salt from the winter driving hits. I don't think it's rice unless you go with some outlandish color like "chrome-in-a-can"! That's my 2 euro cents on the subject......

Archived