LegacyGT.com

Fuse for Wagon antenna booster?

ATB

I've been dealing with terrible reception in my LGT wagon for over a year. I've read about the powered signal booster and now that the problem exists with an aftermarket head unit I am sure it's the issue. Is there a fuse for the booster? The wires were connected on the factory head unit and should be on the new one (+12v to pin 9).

Thanks!

I was just going to suggest the grommet. I was in the same situation where my reception was really bad. Changed out the radio for the newer one thinking it might have been that but still the same. Then I ran down the lines after looking at the booster since the voltage was a little screwy when I checked it out. Turned out to have about 4 wires split in the drivers side grommet. Also got my rear wiper back as a result of the fix too.

On my drivers side, there looked to be 3 wires: the really thin (and broken) one for the signal booster, one a bit thicker, and the 3rd which was much thicker. Since it was getting dark I didn't pop open the the passenger side grommet.

Archived