LegacyGT.com

Bent Strut

DR.1337

So my front right strut is bent and thus I need to replace it. My dad tells me that its a pain in the butt to just replace the strut, thus having to remove the coil and whatnot off of the defective one. He told me just to buy the entire assembly. My question is, could I just get a new strut and fit the coil over it or should I just go for an entire assembly. Also are their alternatives to the dealer?

Get replacement struts from Tire Rack or one of our local vendors.

The KYB GR2 is a good replacement.

It is not a pain in the butt to just change out the strut. As proof, you can't buy an assembled strut from the dealer. If you are nervous about swapping the spring, just remove your front struts, bring them to a shop, and pay them to swap the springs to your new struts.

Remember to get an alignment!!!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

With GR2's? Yes.

The only time you have to swap top-hats is if you are going to use Bilsteins, and even then you might not HAVE to.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Get replacement struts from Tire Rack or one of our local vendors.

The KYB GR2 is a good replacement.

It is not a pain in the butt to just change out the strut. As proof, you can't buy an assembled strut from the dealer. If you are nervous about swapping the spring, just remove your front struts, bring them to a shop, and pay them to swap the springs to your new struts.

Remember to get an alignment!!!

Ok well I'm going to get both. They don't need any kind of height adjustment right?

I bet there is more bent than just the strut.

I went in for an alignment and took a good look at it. I was told that the alignment couldn't be done because the strut is bent. Anyway, you can tell because there is a negative camber on the wheel. If there is more then just the strut, oh well, I have no choice but to replace whatever needs replacing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived