LegacyGT.com

Can someone tell me why....

There is so much damn bashing going on in this forum? Every damn thread has something hating on someone else...They are even calling other members idiots.. :spin: I have even been criticized for miss spelling a freaking word

I can understand the posting before searching thing and the occasional stupid question but when did everyone become the Forum Police? No one is forcing anyone to read anything, its all voluntary. Come on, we are supposed to be helping each other out.

I am fairly new here so if I am missing some sort of pecking order please do let me know. Otherwise cant we practice holding our tongues and letting a few things slide?

:soap_box:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it's not just this forum. it's the internet in general. just gotta ignore it and move on.

Bingo. Actually this site is fairly tame. Try going to a forum site that has Honda Civics and Ford Mustangs. At least here the bashing is somewhat sarcastic and is humorous! :lol:

Honestly, I think B-Power-B is right. I am very new to this forum (just bought my spec.B) but previously joined Forester forum since 2003 and members there were little less hard on each other. I believe we all should try to live in harmony and solidarity here. A little more polite and respectful I guess.

I agree with the b-power-b, its much more common on this forum than any other I've been a member of. I think its because of very little moderation, and once one person makes a dumb comment, that just opens the floodgates.

you know what it is?

it's because some of us are getting bored. we've been on forums too long or read a lot of the things going on and usually a lot of similar or same threads that we read here. it's not necessarily just one forum that we are on, we could be on 7 forums. i read REALLY stupid threads on the local forum.

the latest one is asking if they guy's imprezza is a sports car. i'm surprised this guy has been flamed enough for him to get off the forums. the local forum for me is wrx/sti based...so really the legacy owners dont even fit there. i spend more of my time here as this is more "home" to me.

the moderators on my local forum are the ones doing all the bashing and the worst part is that there's no one moderating the moderators. the club president just sits back and at one point - had agreed with his moderator that was arguing with everybody about car mod "stages".

anyways...this forum isn't that bad...just take in the useful answers and ignore or laugh at the mild cut-throat going on

I understand repeat threads come up, that happens on EVERY message board. That's no excuse to be a jackass and berate the poster, especially when it's usually a new member.

There is so much damn bashing going on in this forum? Every damn thread has something hating on someone else...They are even calling other members idiots.. :spin: I have even been criticized for miss spelling a freaking word

I can understand the posting before searching thing and the occasional stupid question but when did everyone become the Forum Police? No one is forcing anyone to read anything, its all voluntary. Come on, we are supposed to be helping each other out.

I am fairly new here so if I am missing some sort of pecking order please do let me know. Otherwise cant we practice holding our tongues and letting a few things slide?

:soap_box:

I think you mean misspelling. :p Seriously though, I wouldn't take anybody too seriously on an open forum. You're absolutely right though. It's messed up when someone takes the time to tell someone else that their question is stupid. If it's a crappy thread... don't read it! ;)

Its not that my feelings get hurt at all. I just think it gets in the way of productive talk... And darkness is right, its all because a selective few have been here for many years and have seen it all.. And there is no reason for any member to call another an idiot...even if they ask about a 3 foot tall carbon fiber wing

Anyways, I know some of you guys have seen and heard it all and you know all about your cars. But some of us are new to it all. And to those who do know it, instead of bashing: teach someone or just move on to the next thread!

Don't get me wrong, if I didn't like the forum and its members I would just stick to NASIOC. I only say something bc I know you guys have valuable info and just need to take it easy on us newer Legacy owners

Its not that my feelings get hurt at all. I just think it gets in the way of productive talk... And darkness is right, its all because a selective few have been here for many years and have seen it all.. And there is no reason for any member to call another an idiot...even if they ask about a 3 foot tall carbon fiber wing

Anyways, I know some of you guys have seen and heard it all and you know all about your cars. But some of us are new to it all. And to those who do know it, instead of bashing: teach someone or just move on to the next thread!

Don't get me wrong, if I didn't like the forum and its members I would just stick to NASIOC. I only say something bc I know you guys have valuable info and just need to take it easy on us newer Legacy owners

Well said. Agreed.

only thing i find about NASIOC is that it's just filled with wrx/sti guys...not much legacy members there...i've tried to lure some guys from there over here

and if there was more members, i'd be there more.

i mainly go there to check the classifieds.

however, i dont recall coming across a thread that had name calling going on - i dont go through ALL the threads. but if two guys are name calling and they are ok with it because they know the other guy is joking. it's one thing. i dont agree with name calling in a bashing sense.

i try to answer questions to the best of my knowledge, i'm not some kind of car expert so i could be wrong - just like anybody else. i can't speak for other members, but what i wrote is just a guess. maybe some guys are just sick of it.

so ..unfortunately with an open forum with usernames to hide behind. it's open for anybody to say anything.

there is a forum i have heard of through a local vendor, he says you have to use your real name and use an email account that is not free such as hotmail. this way you are legit and are responsible for the things you say and do. i think this smart.

the only the really stress to new members and guys that really want to mod their cars out is to know what they really want in the end.

there are a few of us that have spent a good fortune on our cars - some people have spent a lot more than i have.

but i mean in the sense of replacing parts and then upgrading those parts later on.

i personally dont want someone to go down this road. i've spent money on things that i haven't installed on my car and ended up selling./ sometimes losing up to 50% of what i paid for it selling it to some low baller because no one will buy from me but will buy the same part from another member for maybe...twice of what i selling the exact same part.\

i know a member that i've sold something to him for 60$ shipped - i lost a good deal from shipping it. and saw him selling what i sold to him for 110$ or something like that.

yeah...so i really do stress for new comers - new car modders is to really have a goal in mind - the end goal, not in stages of this turbo and then that turbo. the turbo you want in the end. it makes no sense for you to upgrade and upgrade because something wasn't for you.

there are a lot of products out there. and the there are also a lot of opinions out there.

there is no such thing as a "best" product. you can be swayed buying a certain product because of it's name..or price..or what someone said. unfortunately. for some parts, you get what you pay for. my biggest example of this would be headers.

i didn't want to spend $800 on perrin headers. so i bought grimmspeeds/coated. i ended buying perrins because i bought it used and someone on nasioc did a comparison of all or a lot of the avaliable headers on the market. Perrin headers came on top for best bang for the buck. so when i saw it on sale. i jumped on it. i had to.

but anyways...there are a lot of products out there.and yes some things are more tempting than others. some are more affordable.

a lot of times, guys will say go stage 2 and then go from there. i'll agree with that. any new modder should go stage 2 and see what they think and then go from there.

suspension - do the rear sway bar at least - and reinforcement mounts. this i've read over and over is at least the minimal you should do

so ..unfortunately with an open forum with usernames to hide behind. it's open for anybody to say anything.

Do you really think that if some idiot knew my name - it would stop me from calling him an idiot after some idiotic post?

hahaha .... ohh man we almost had a quality wholesome thread going there...lol

Ok I spoke my .02 and thanks to all that agreed.

Man... after this, the next time I see a fellow Legacy driver I may just react hostile and take em out! :eek:

it's not just this forum. it's the internet in general. just gotta ignore it and move on.

Pretty much the fact of life.

While this isn't the most civilized forum I have been on, it certainly is one of the better ones. Try a honda civic forum where people cant even spell properly for the most part and try to race each other with their VTEC'ed JDM NOS whatever powered rides and whatnot and calling each other derogatory names.

Visual civility does not equal lack of nastiness. I've been on a few forums that are dominated by members aged 50+. You won't see curses being thrown around or name calling, but those old geysers loose it too, it just takes more words to call someone else an idiot.

Archived