LegacyGT.com

Harman Kardon HD No display of FM Song Information

Badabing

When in listening to the FM Radio, the Harman Kardon HD icon is present but does not display song information. Our Honda CRV does, but the Legacy Limited Edition does not--it is limited. Anyone have a solution? The dealer wanted me to trade my car in to fix it!! No word from Subaru yet either. Harman Kardon said it was a Subaru issue. I don't want to replace the system, I just want it to work.

Mine has never worked either. Works fine in Sirius, and if I am listening to HD radio and press and hold (for a couple secs) the HD/Text button, the name and artist shows there, but never on the main screen. I've not pressed the dealership about it and need to.

I appreciate the response. I am going to press the issue some. I email Harman Kardon and they said it was Subaru issue. The Subaru Dealer here wanted me to trade up to a car that has the Nav radio that displays the information correctly. It was $3,300 + TTL to get it and i just shook my and walked out. Hope my first Subaru bad lucks stops there.

It's ridiculous that the dealer wanted to have you trade up - stupid! I asked this same question 6 months ago, trying to see if anyone here had the song actually show up - no one responded. It's low on my list, so I haven't pursued.

We're on our 5th subies (3 in current fleet), and have very little bad luck ever.

I do have an update. Yes I did, I emailed eveyone and also found an email address to the Indiana factory where my Subie was born, and I got a reply:

" I have forwarded you information along to our Quality Department. I appreciate your concern in this matter and please understand that we do care about our customers and want to make sure we get this correct, and to ensure the information provided by the Dealer to you, was correct as well. "

Hopefully there will be more coming!! Have a Great Day!

From Subaru:

While we are not in a position to change the manner in which the radio in your current Subaru operates, we would be more than happy to try to assist you in some other manner in an effort to demonstrate our dedication to customer satisfaction.

Not trying read into this .... but they are saying.. live with it bud. Even if you have 15 stations broadcasting HD http://www.hdradio.com/stations/Texas-TX/San+Antonio-77 --and they work in our Honda CRV. I am like REALLY, is this how their customer service is going to be!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I reported the problem with the BBB!! I am going to have youtube video as well showing the defect and have a little fun with it. Don't get me wrong, I do like the car, I don't like that I paid extra for the Limited Edition Car and part of the Limited Package is this HD Radio that does not display song infomation like it should. I bought something that does not work as advertised and I am pissed.

So, please help the cause! Email CustDlrServices@subaru.com and complain. If you have an HD Radio and you check this site for HD Radio Stations for you City www.hdradio.com and they are not displaying song title and Band, PLEASE PLEASE Email Subaru. The HD Harman Kardon stereo is mostly in the Limited edition Legacy's and Outback's.

Nope, I have the HK audio without navigation. However, I checked today and realized that KZEP 104.5 is the only station that shows song information for me. I never listen to the radio, but when I do, it's KZEP. Never realized the others did not work.

Not all stations push the info. The fact that you are getting any leads me to believe yours works. Good to know!!!

• 1 month later...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/29/3ypedeza.jpg

Took mine to the dealer for a bunch of work last week. They told me there was no fix for the radio, that it worked as designed. Drove it around all weekend and it continued to behave in the same manner. Low and behold today, it magically started to work. Zero explanation, but I'm happy. Now you have proof to show your dealers. If when you press and hold HD/Text button and you see artist and title, it WILL properly display on the main screen too, when working correctly. As I've said before, not all stations transmit this info, when when they do, it should work!

Archived