LegacyGT.com

Which Fog lights are better?

So I have the standard fog lights from the 1999 GT that look just like the advertisement pic. seen here:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pXdUWM6tezE/TdpTEVjK04I/AAAAAAAAAhk/QluC9U_lEg8/s400/1999%2BSubaru%2Blegacy.jpg

But they are dirty and damaged and in need of replacement. I've seen these other lights and really like the look of them.

http://www.jankuyado.com/EBP/DSG_1517.JPG

But I'm curious if one of these lights is better than the other. Please let me know if any of you have compared them at all or seen any threads about it. I can pretty much get either set for the same price.

• I Donated
Jdm is the way u can't go wrong with that

Did you come from the Honda crowd by chance?

I've seen "JDM" go wrong in so many ways

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

The second set is JDM fogs. They are better quality but require modification to you bumper and modification for mounting them.

I love the look of the jdm fogs. But what kind of mods are we talking about? Are they things I can do myself with a few simple tools? And do they fill the hole in the bumper completely?

Also, seeing as how my GT has fog lights already, I shouldn't have to worry about the whole wiring section of that guide, correct? Or is there required modification there as well?

edit: eh, never mind, I read further down and Im seeing that there is some work to do. Did any one here do this and leave the stock wiring and just splice the jdm connector on? Or do you think that would be too much current?

I heard the jdm headlights might be illegal because they were aimed for left hand lane driving. This is just hearsay of course.

It is to a point. It's against DOT standards but its really not hard to make them aim to the right. If u buy the jdm headlights don't slap them on until u convert the aiming.

I heard the jdm headlights might be illegal because they were aimed for left hand lane driving. This is just hearsay of course.

Yes, they are illegal. They are not 'aimed' for left hand driving, the cutoff pattern is designed for left hand driving. Some people install JDM projectors and just aim them lower without doing the conversion, since they have a greater adjustable range than USDMs. Furthermore, modifying your headlights is illegal in most states until you get a DOT sticker put on them after you modify them. But if you convert them to UDSM light patterns and aim them correctly most likely no one is going to bother you. :cool:

However, your thread is about the fog lights. The fog lights (as far as I know) do not have a cutoff pattern like headlights, so JDM foglights will not need any modification. They aren't meant to shoot out light far out like headlights, they are meant to light the immediate area around your car.

However, your thread is about the fog lights. The fog lights (as far as I know) do not have a cutoff pattern like headlights, so JDM foglights will not need any modification. They aren't meant to shoot out light far out like headlights, they are meant to light the immediate area around your car.

Okay this is what I was hoping to hear. Since it's not projecting, it should be good then. Thanks.

Archived