LegacyGT.com

Help me convert to E85!!!

I've been looking around for a sticky on e85, and have found none.

Background on the car:

Stage 2 OTS AP(carless UP/DP and FMS CBE)

130k miles

Stock turbo

I know I'll need the following:

Fuel Pump (Output and brand suggestions)

Injectors (Need size and brand suggestions)

Tune (Anyone E-Tuning e85 yet?)

Am I forgetting anything? Am I too high mileage for this?

Ideally I'd like to be able to reflash the ECU to switch between 93 and e85 at will. Living in Florida there is only one station for e85 within a hundred miles of me. Anyone try this?

I'd also like to add I'm using the old AP, large black antiquated looking device. Might need to upgrade...

I'm still looking for my fuel pump but I am doing E85 soon. I am converting to top feed and have my ID1000's sitting ready to go. I will be using an AP to flash my car between maps. my tuner is going to create a e85 map, 91 map, and the transition maps between so I can swap when I need to.

im running e85 on my 04 sti, i have the id 2200cc ijectors but with a stock turbo you can use some DW 850cc or id 1000's. and i dont know about anyone that does a etune with e85 i would to for a real tune with that

I think I'm going with 1000 topfeeds. I'll need to look at DW vs ID.... I don't plan on a huge turbo...ever. I'll eventually need a replacement, but I won't go much larger for reliability reasons.

I appreciate the help everyone.

The last step is a tuner. Any suggestions? Have to be able to e-tune seeing that Subaru Tuners don't exist in Florida. Do I need AccessPort, or is there another way to tune?

You'll need top fees TGV's, rails and injectors...not a cheap conversion.

+1 and I have tuned sidefeed DW 1100s and they idle pretty crappy. If you go larger than 850s you want to go topfeed.

Dammit, I guess this build is getting a little out of hand. So the updated list...

Injectors

Fuel Pump,

TGV deletes?,

Fuel Rail,

New fuel line....

I thought this would be easier...

Or you can go with 850cc side feeds they will be more than adequate for your application

Archived