LegacyGT.com

Fog light relay blown?

Need some help on a situation ive gotten into..

I posted this in the 100% independent fog light thread as well but thought id post here too if anyone could help

I went to do the independent fog light mod (the one where you can turn on your fogs completely independent of low beams and parking lights) and wired/connected everything up and tested it and it worked! the fog lights were working and I was able to switch them on and off independently of the headlights as claimed...

However, I was attempting to tuck the relay and wires under the metal plate and in doing so got a small blue spark from inside where the relay sits as when a fuse blows. pulled the fuse and it was fine so I though I blew the relay however I swapped out a couple of identical relays from inside the fuse box (ac and fan i think) and tried again but it would not work..now my fog lights are inoperable even with everything back to normal :(

Anybody know what has happend and how I can solve this? I hope I didnt seriously fk something up..have worked with electrical wires and such on my bike but never experiecnd this before..

Thanks Ill be checking every single fuse because from what ive heard any one could have blown..

also just to clarify, neither the fog lights or the for light indicator on the gauge lights up when I toggle the switch..sucks i was so close and had it working! once I figure this out I will know to handle the wires more carefully and do a better job shielding/wrapping them with electrical tape

• 4 months later...

Archived