LegacyGT.com

Custom Swift/Bilstein setup

kai-wun

Hey All,

I've looked through the JDM suspension page and it seems quite good, but I'm wondering if I can do something similar (or better?) with a "custom" setup for a weekend autoX/HPDE car that's also a daily.

Anyone have any recommendations as to spring rates to start with; if I do not want to run aftermarket sway bars at all?

(I'd rather run _NO_ swaybars at all; but since it's a daily driver, I'm kinda worried about that).

Of course, with only stock sway bars; I will need the springs be stiffened to compensate. I'll likely be running Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec or Hankook RS3, so only sticky summer rubber; no r-comps)

I understand Swift springs can be custom ordered; and Bilstein HD can be custom-valved to match the springrates?

Thoughts?

I am currently running no front sway bar and stock rear bar on 11.5K front / 12.5k rear spring rates with my ast4100 coilover setup. definitely very streetable.

you will want a height adjustable setup since stiffer springs will make the car sit higher it they are all the same height un-sprung.

Archived