LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

Been running the 1.05 beta unit for a day now! Really liking the new features. Had the original beta unit vbg.

The auto turn-off display is a nice addition. The oil pressure works good and the boost filtering is nice, but somewhat misleading. I peek boost at 16.5psi according to my logging (romraider), and yet under high-filtration, the peek I get on the gauge is 14.5-14.9psi max...

I'll change the filtration and see if it changes. Would anyone know, if the boost value in romraider is accurate to compare? How can I see the real time boost in a log?

JP

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Code, yours still running good?

Mine is flawless, minus some small bugs that Andy is aware, I'm loving this! My gauge freaked out and was alarming me(alarm function), but I was under vacuum and everything was good, that's my small bug!

Andy, when you are ready, send us the instruction to reprogram the gauge please with the wire and laptop!

JP

My Beta should arrive soon as well. I beta'd the first-gen unit and have been using it since. Can't wait!

BTW, my first-gen unit is for sale if anyone wants it!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

What glitches are you experiencing? I'll keep an eye out for them.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

yeah, that's what i figured. but the right hand vent in development is for right-hand-drive vehicles where they would want it all the way on the other side.

A few pages back Lossol said that he may produce this additional gauge for us.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

What glitches are you experiencing? I'll keep an eye out for them.

This is my problem:

My gauge freaked out and was alarming me(alarm function), but I was under vacuum and everything was good, that's my small bug!

It happened a couple times at most, mostly when taking off from a light! I'm under vacuum and oil pressure is #1, I didnt understand!

JP

Just purchased (from a forum member) and installed one of the first batch of VBG1 produced. It is very cool and installed easily. Opening ceremonies, sweeping led for vacuum and boost, numeric boost/vacuum in left window, boost profile in right window, peak boost displayed in left window momentarily after return to vacuum.

However I cannot recall peak boost or change the right window display using the the ride side invisible switches. Is there a version without the option to display voltage in the right window? I don't have wideband, so it's 'absence' isn't a problem...

Suggestions?

However I cannot recall peak boost or change the right window display using the the ride side invisible switches. Is there a version without the option to display voltage in the right window?

All versions should display voltage and peak boost. Peak boost may not display if you are not pulling vac (if you just have ignition on). voltage can be displayed by enabling it in the configurations menu.

Check out the manual:

I'm assuming you have version (1.00-1.03)

http://www.gtboostgauge.com/VBG1%20-%20Manual%20Rev%201.0.pdf

Are you seeing the boost profile in the right display?

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

^ Yes boost profile is all I see in the right display. The light for the touch switch adjacent to the light sensor (I believe the middle) is illuminated, but when I try to use the bottom touch switch to display/recall peak boost info nothing happens. I'll try to get into config mode and see if settings can be changed, but I fear the touch switches aren't functioning properly.

Tried to get into config mode: no go, still not able to get any reaction from right side touch switches.

What are my options re repair/replacement?

Edited by danny boy

Few Question as I am looking to purchase as well.

The refurb ones on the website are the latest 1.04?

The new ones will be upgradable and is going to be 1.05?

I know the new one will be upgradable what else will be different?

I saw you may make one for the left center vent, and would this be for the 05?

You need anymore beta testers and how much of a discount?

danny boy - PM on it's way.

Scooby2.5,

The refurb one is 1.04 - not up gradable to 1.05.

I have a few 1.04 units kicking around that I am refurbing and selling on the website when I have time to get them ready. Functionally they are identical to the "new" 1.04 units, however they may have failed original testing, and repairs were made, or are a returned unit and re-tested.

Those waiting for 1.05 it will add:

1.04 and 1.05 Hardware will be different. So you will not be able to upgrade a 1.04 unit. Starting with version 1.05 upgraded hardware added the abbility to provide:

software upgrades *additional cable required*

data steaming - can be used to log boost with PC *additional cable required*

Boost filtering options

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com