LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

• I Donated
I haven't read through this entire thread, so maybe this has been answered, but are you considering adding additional sensor support? Would you consider making/selling another board for the center console vent to take additional sensors and display outputs?

There is support for wideband, oil pressure, and a temperature probe (but you have to choose one -- you can't use them all).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is support for wideband, oil pressure, and a temperature probe (but you have to choose one -- you can't use them all).

Yep, I understand this. I'd like more than one extra sensor, or a separate gauge on the center console vent that can accept 2 other sensors (or more).

I think that would be a great addition to the vbg. I'd like the ability to monitor boost, afr, oil pressure, egt, and fuel pressure simultaneously. Two display units , one in each vent. That would be awesome.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I think that would be a great addition to the vbg. I'd like the ability to monitor boost, afr, oil pressure, egt, and fuel pressure simultaneously. Two display units , one in each vent. That would be awesome.

I'm working on a gauge for the left most center vent. This may be a good option for additional features, the gauge may have a CAN BUS interface which will allow egt and fuel pressure to be pulled directly from the data bus. Too bad they dont have oil pressure on that network (at least to my knowldge they dont)

What is the timeframe for 1.05 to be released?

To soon to tell, however the beta units will ship first, and I will wait for feedback on those. There is a good chance those will ship in October. The new hardware is in and the software is getting close. Stay tuned for more updates.

Any chance of working on 2010?

Good news for 2010+ LGTs - I did acquire a vent and I'm working on fitment for the VBG1 series gauge.

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

• 2 weeks later...

Small update:

Beeper working

Uart running (screen shot)

1017313167_VBG1-HyperTerminal_2011-10-05_07-20-50.jpg.2bf1c9e5a248ac3e8587185e93fbaa70.jpg

This new UART (serial) interface is shown connected to a PC with this cable:

TTL-232R-3V3-AJ

CABLE USB SERIAL 3.3V 3.5MM PLUG

This could useful for those running a car computer / car pc if they want to pull boost/vac data from the VBG1.

TODO: Verify Boot loader functionality and setup menu configuration for keystroke that initiates Update (boot loader - run)

This morning I was able to program new firmware using the serial to USB cable mentioned above.

YAY - The boot loader is working! :icon_mrgr

That's a very short to-do.

Yup - Theres a few minor tweaks but it's mainly minor things. ( I think)

For 1.05 release I want to firm up a few things:

- Boost filtering option to illiminate transient spikes which latch as peak boost

- Some lighting conditions in daylight caused gauge to dim when in auto mode

- Serial Data Output options while running

Just got an order into my parts supplier last night for enough to build 4 beta units. So by the end of the week I will have all the parts in and hopefully over the weekend I can get them assembled.

I have enabled the options to filter the boost (high , med, low)

The serial output option can spit out data all the time(captures vac) or can be set to run only when boosting. This could work well with a program like Hyper term to log the output and then drag in to excel to graph the results.

Any possible integration with the zeitronix wideband?
Looks like zeitronix

Zt-2 Linear Wideband Output transfer function is: AFR= 2 * V + 9.6 while LC-1 is configurable but I have told users to program AFR= 2 * V + 10 (PLX uses the same)

Maybe I can add the option in to change transfer function. I will put that on the to do list.

I was hoping to have the first beta gauge out by now but the build by hand is taking longer than anticipated.

Looks like zeitronix

Zt-2 Linear Wideband Output transfer function is: AFR= 2 * V + 9.6 while LC-1 is configurable but I have told users to program AFR= 2 * V + 10 (PLX uses the same)

Maybe I can add the option in to change transfer function. I will put that on the to do list.

I was hoping to have the first beta gauge out by now but the build by hand is taking longer than anticipated.

I appreciate the response and was curious of one thing. Can the 05/06 unit read past 20psi? The website makes it seem like it does not. I will admit I have not read through much of the thread because of the length but the wideband option is the only thing really holding me back from putting it on my list of things to buy. Please keep us updated if you make the update *or pm me the programing solution you mentioned if it still maintain s accuracy?*

Dave

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Hey lossol this is awesome, I was gonna buy a RHD one from your store as you only have 1 left. However I see you are creating a 1.5 version.

Is this just the software? If I purchase the 1.4 RHD one from your site can I upgrade it to 1.5?

Can the 05/06 unit read past 20psi?
I'm assuming you mean the VBG1? If so All VBG1 units version 1.04 and higher can read up to 48 PSI.

Please keep us updated if you make the update (wideband via zeitronix) *or pm me the programing solution you mentioned if it still maintain s accuracy?*

Yes I will let the forum know.

Hey lossol this is awesome, I was gonna buy a RHD one from your store as you only have 1 left. However I see you are creating a 1.5 version.

Is this just the software? If I purchase the 1.4 RHD one from your site can I upgrade it to 1.5?

1.04 and 1.05 Hardware will be different. So you will not be able to upgrade a 1.04 unit. Starting with version 1.05 upgraded hardware added the abbility to provide:

• software upgrades *additional cable required*
  • data steaming - can be used to log boost with PC *additional cable required*
  • Boost filtering options

...oh and FIRST 1.05 Beta unit could ship Monday!

1.04 and 1.05 Hardware will be different. So you will not be able to upgrade a 1.04 unit. Starting with version 1.05 upgraded hardware added the abbility to provide:

• software upgrades *additional cable required*
  • data steaming - can be used to log boost with PC *additional cable required*
  • Boost filtering options

...oh and FIRST 1.05 Beta unit could ship Monday!

Sounds awesome, I'll wait for a 1.05 hardware. Unless do you need beta testers for RHD? I am in New Zealand.