LegacyGT.com

Subaru Factory Tires???

Ok, i recently have my car for 3 months and i keep getting the flat/low air light showing on my car for my tires. one time, i had an factory defect on the tire after 1 week only. so i took it in and they replaced it for free. now after 1 month, an different tire is showing low on air. cant find the hole or maybe there is no hole. im losing air on my tires. and now im having the same problem again. does anyone experience this? or is it just me? if you know whats wrong, let me know.

p.s. is the signal for tires just really sensitive? what are the recommended psi for the front and rear tires?

the sensor is the valve stem and a enclosed detector inside the rim.

the valve caps are also need as a stopgap measure if they leak.

they can also leak around the o-ring(grommet) if they are not on tight.

don't tighten too hard, just a little more than hand tight with a socket or you might break or strip the "nut"

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/423426/tpm.jpg

Just to state the obvious, check the pressure in that tire (and all tires). If it (or any) are low, fill it up and make sure the warning light goes off. The light will go on if any of the tires is low. If after a few days (or minutes) the light comes back on, check to see which tire is low. The culprit obviously has a leak. Could be due to a nail or possibly the TPMS not sealing properly. If you can't figure it out, take it in.

Archived