LegacyGT.com

Brake Wear-In

GT-LTD.00

Not all that much. Most of the literature on this says find a nice out of the way road, get to 60 mph, brake hard (but not the max) to 30 mph or so (don't stop -- you want to keep cooling the rotors and pads), give it 30-45 seconds to cool things down, then up to 60mph and hard down to 30 mph again, cool the brakes again, up to 70 mph and down to 30mph twice, cool the brakes again between episodes, then run up to 80 mph and brake hard to 30 mph, twice with cooling in between, then maybe to 90 mph and down to 30 mph, cool brakes, and again. And you're done. This transfers pad material to the rotors nice and evenly so you don't get brake shudder (from unevenly deposited pad material on the rotors).

I just got back from my first drive since the installation. At first, the brake felt EXTREMELY soft. It took alot of pedal power to get her to stop. After about 25+ miles, they started picking up the grip. At about 50+, I thought ABS was going to kick in because they were gripping so well. They weren't neck breaking stops but very good over stock especially with stock calipers. Will post picks of slotted rotors and painted calipers tomorrow!

Archived