LegacyGT.com

Factory Window Tint

• I Donated

My friend bought a 98 GT. His windows are tinted, along with his windshield. The windows are pretty dark (probably about 20%) and the windshield is about 80% or 90%....

Someone told him that this was a factory option for the Legacy GT, and there is a marking someone on the tint that indicates it came from the factory.

Is this true? Where I live its illegal to tint your windshield, ,but your in the clear if something illegal was a factory option....

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

If the windshield has A1 or A2 (something like that) mark on the windshield then it is tint that is in the upper portion of the windshield from the factory. Mine has that and the mark is right on the left hand side of the windshield on the edge a little bit above eye level, when you are sitting in the car. But all Subaru's back then came from the factory "fish bowl" style (no tinted windows).

• I Donated

as far as i know it is.

in georgia its actually illegaly to modify your car in any way, unless it was a factory available option.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

How did you manage to get the year of my car wrong. IT'S THE EXACT SAME AS YOURS! It's actually a 97 even though it makes no difference. I was just told it was a factory option. Probably by someone who can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground. The entire windshield is tinted. Not very much but you can definitely tell when looking out of it. Up until the point where I get in trouble for it I am keeping it that way though. I actually like it.

My friend told me it was relatively easy to get a waiver for your tint. However my other friend told me he was denied by a doctor when he tried to get a waiver from sensitivity to light. I believe the rule should be anything darker than 20% on the front and back windows should be illegal, and I can agree that the windshield shouldn't be tinted anything lower than around 70%

Archived